Search results

1. DIYluke

Hydronic supply/return path.

Nope, I can't run anything along the inside of the exterior wall. Only way is in it. As far as going over the door- the path is simple enough. Plenty of height along the sides and above the header. No sheetrock yet. My concern wasn't with the installation, but with trapped air in the high spot...
  2. DIYluke

Hydronic supply/return path.

Good afternoon. I have a question about a supply and return run to a section of baseboard I need to install. It's on the far side of a room and there are only two paths I can run the water to/from it. 1) In a exterior 2x4 wall for about 8'. 2) In the interior wall, but up, over, and down to...
  3. DIYluke

Shower P Trap freezing advice.

Reach, Terry, Thanks for the response. I'll listen to both of you. I have a remote probe for a thermometer I can tuck in there so I'll keep an eye on it this winter and if it looks like it's getting too cold I'll do something about it. Otherwise I'll heed Terry's advice and wait and see.
  4. DIYluke

Shower P Trap freezing advice.

Good afternoon, I am looking for some advice on a shower P trap installation. I just converted a bathtub to a shower. The shower stall trap sits lower than the tub trap did. The bottom of it is only about an inch from the bottom of the joist (the top of the horizontal drain is only about 3/4"...
  5. DIYluke

Vent connection.

Ok, will do. I was just wondering if it is a solution that works. I'll ask my local inspector. Thanks for the info.
  6. DIYluke

Vent connection.

Good afternoon all. When connecting a vertical vent pipe (dry vent, in this case 1.5") to a horizontal drain (in this case the shower drain, 2", with the shower trap about within 2'6" of the vent connection) am I required to use a wye & 1/8 or can I use a sanitary tee on its back? Does it make...
  7. DIYluke

General question on grading pipes.

Thanks Terry. This really is a great site.
  8. DIYluke

General question on grading pipes.

I'm sure this is plumbing 101 for you experts but I'm no expert. I've read that drains are supposed to be pitched 1/4" a foot up to 2.5", and pipes 3" and over are to be 1/8" per foot. Everything I see in posts here and overhear on the construction sites (I'm not a plumber, but I am in the...
  9. DIYluke

Horizontal double wye question.

I have the space to go a different route, i was just trying to use less fittings. I can use a 3" wye in place of the double wye for the w.c./lavs and put a 2" wye into the back of the 3" wye for the shower. The clean out will go in the end of the 2" wye. This way I can pitch both wyes up in...
  10. DIYluke

Horizontal double wye question.

I would like to know if it's acceptable practice to use a double wye horizontally for drains. I would like to use a 3" double wye, one of the branches would be the shower (bushed down to 2"), the other branch would be the wet vented w.c. (and two lav sinks beyond that), and the straight through...
  11. DIYluke

What is the correct fitting name?

All good info Terry, thanks. I'll ask my inspector. They are actually very easy and helpful around here.
  12. DIYluke

Terry, thanks!!! The picture is perfect. Now I don't care who calls it what, I just need one of the picture. Those sweeps look like they are somewhere between a double sani-t and a double combo. Is that just my perception or is it actually in between the two? Having more sweep than a regular...
  13. DIYluke

Reach, thanks for the fast response. I saw those posts before and it added to my confusion. What HJ calles a "double fixture cross", is that the same as what you refer to as a "double fixture fitting"? I know the one that looks like two combos back to back is not what I want but that leaves at...
  14. DIYluke

Could someone tell me which fitting i am supposed to use when connecting two sinks in a double vanity? If you use a sanitary tee for one sink (connecting the fixture arm to the drain/vent) would that be a double sani-t for a double vanity? I am confused because there seems to be different names...
  15. DIYluke

Clean out question

Thanks for the info.
  16. DIYluke

Clean out question

I would like to add a clean out wye to a horizontal wet vent under my bathroom floor. I would access it in the adjacent closet. I have learned from this site that no horizontal dry vent may be below the point 6" above the flood level of the fixture. I have also learned this wouldn't apply to a...
  17. DIYluke

Half bath drain & wet vent

Does anyone have an opportunity to look at this? Did I even post this correctly that people can see it?
  18. DIYluke

Bathtub P Trap direction

Thanks for that Stuff. Good to know.
  19. DIYluke

Bathtub P Trap direction

Does that rule, min 2x pipe diameter to avoid being a crown vent, also apply to wet vents or only dry vents?
  20. DIYluke

Half bath drain & wet vent

Good morning. I was hoping some of the professionals could look at my half bath drawing and let me know if it looks acceptable or what I've done wrong. I'm planning on wet venting the WC through the 2" lavatory drain because I can't get a vent to the toilet without at least a portion of it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks