Search results

1. Branimal

Horizontal Vent line pitch

The stack PVC vent line doesn't receive any drainage. Me just thinking out loud --> if the highlighted 45 el in the picture is the high point, then water shouldn't get stuck in the horizontal vent line.
  2. Branimal

My vents are all above the flood level AND slope upwards from the fixture to the stack with the exception of that one proposed downward slope toward the stack.
  3. Branimal

I'm running a 2" pvc vent line in the ceiling joists from the north wall toward the south wall (18') where the vertical house vent line is located. Once I get near the house vent line can I slope the horizontal vent down as shown in the diagram. I'd prefer not to butcher the framing...
  4. Branimal

Need to cheat toilet vent line toward wall

I'm using a 3x3x3 santee with a 3x2 reducer to vent my toilet. I don't have enough vertical height to cheat the vent line back with two 2" 22.5* elbows before I hit the subfloor and the 2x4 bottom plate. I can think of 3 possible solutions: 1. Use a 3" x 1 1/2" reducer. Maybe the 1 1/2" 22.5*...
  5. Branimal

Seeking some advice on dry fitting PVC pipe

I got it setup and water tested with a garden hose. No leaks. I ended up gluing the pvc pieces working toward the stack. I loosened the NH couplings on the CI 4x3 santee and was able to get some play at that location. The last piece I need to install is the toilet plumbing. The plan was to...
  6. Branimal

Can I glue up both sides of that pvc pipe (see pic) at the same time? Do I have enough working time? The directions on the cement say apply cement to the pipe then to the fitting and then again to the pipe. Doing this on both sides of the pipe within the working time seems tough. Another...
  7. Branimal

Thanks Wayne - that's a great tip. I used your method and quickly came up with something that works. I ditched the 45 sitting on top of the 3" wye and just rotated the wye. See pic. Everything is still dry fit. The only tricky bit is connecting the last piece. Let's say the last piece is...
  8. Branimal

I'm dry fitting some 3" PVC pipe and need some advice on how to get the sizing right. Most of my experience is from working with no hub cast iron. With NH CI, if I get the sizing on pipes or rotations on fittings wrong I can easily redo my work without throwing out fittings & pipe. My biggest...
  9. Branimal

Can a bathtub be vented thru the kitchen sinks drain

Sounds like I need to run two horizontal drain pipes toward the main stack - one for the kitchen sink and one for the tub. That's fine. I was hoping I could consolidate. The pipes will run in parallel joist bays and join up near the stack with a wye and then run into the stack. Exactly...
  10. Branimal

I redrew the diagram. Hopefully it's a bit more clear. The trap arm's vent starts with a wye rolled 45* upright. The wye is slightly higher than the trap. I'll do a mock up with some actual fittings and post a picture of it.
  11. Branimal

I have a bathtub that needs to drain horizontally to the main stack. The stack is 14' from the tub's drain. I also need to make a 18' horizontal run for the kitchen sink. I'd like to drain both in the same pipe if possible. The kitchen sink will be vented with a sanitary tee fitting at the...
  12. Branimal

Roughing in a toilet

Can I use closet bends and modify my install as per the attached diagram? Option #1 Is possible to not vent the toilets if the soil/vent stack (dry) is 110” of the furtherest toilet? I’ve read that a vent must be 12’ from a 4” trap. I’m assuming the toilet has a 4” trap. Or would venting...
  13. Branimal

Roughing in a toilet

I’ve got to rough in two toilets for side by side bathrooms. Do I need to use closet bends? Seems like the closet bends would make my life easier. I think they are called long quarter bends in charlottes cast iron product literature. See pic. I was messing around with some spare fittings...
  14. Branimal

Running a new plumbing vent line for kitchen sink and washing machine

I am renovating a 3 family house one floor at a time. I’m currently renovating the 3rd floor and making my way down the building. The 1st and 2nd floors are occupied. The building is 19.75’ x 57.5’. I’m going to start cutting vents in the roof to let the building breathe before I install the...
  15. Branimal

Kitchen sink relocation and potential for blockages

Rip down the sheetrock. And use a holes saw to cut the holes in the thin metal studs.
  16. Branimal

Kitchen sink relocation and potential for blockages

I am moving a kitchen sink to a new location 12’ away from the exisitng sanitary tee. I plan to wrap the new 2” drain line around a wall (3 1/2” metal studs, non-structural) to the existing sanitary tee. A new vent line will be run back (also in the wall) to the the existing vent line. The...
  17. Branimal

Chinese cast iron no hub vs Charlotte

Thanks guys. I went out and bought Charlotte stuff. I mistakenly called them ferncos. What I have are no hub couplings. I have a torque wrench- I'll make sure the joints get the proper torque.
  18. Branimal

Even with shower drains? I have a tub drain that is using 1/4 and 1/8 elbows.
  19. Branimal

I bought no hub elbows and ferncos. I noticed how much lighter they are than Charlotte.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks