Search results

1. Steveg91

Rough Plumbing-Bath to Shower Conversion HELP

Hi folks, wanna turn this into a shower. Will be installing a 2" ABS drain ( Schluter Drain ). How do I proceed. Thanks so much, Steve
  2. Steveg91

leads insert, what to do?

Hi folks, the picture says it all. How do I put this back together? 1. Is there a closet flange that will seal into the lead insert? 2. Is it accetable to put it back like it is with a new fernco seal, I don't like the lag bolt screwed into the subfloor system. 3. Or how else should i...
  3. Steveg91

Is this disposal plumbed right?

Hi Folks, anything wrong with this installation? Cuz it's missing the 90 coming out of the diposal, is that ok? Thanks, :) Steve
  4. Steveg91

Is this disposal plumbed right?

Hi Folks, anything wrong with this installation? Cuz it's missing the 90 coming out of the diposal, is that ok? THanks.....
  5. Steveg91

Expansion Tank w Water Pressure Regulator?

When installing a Water Pressure Regulator, how important is it to also install a Water Expansion Tank? Thanks so much, Steve
  6. Steveg91

Non-Ceramic Shower Valve for Steel Pipe???

Hi folks, When installing a new shower valve in a house that has all steel pipe plumbing I've heard one is not supposed to use the type with Ceramic Disc as the rust and crud-etc. from the steel pipes will eventually clog up the Valve. If aso what type/types of Valve is one supposed to use? Is...
  7. Steveg91

Shower goes cold...

Hey folks, While taking a shower, it'll go cold periodically, then back to regular, then cold, etc. We have a large water heater. THe shower valve is single handle, could it be the valve?? Thanks, Steve
  8. Steveg91

Bad / Cracked Toilet???

Hi folks, my friend's got an Eljer toilet, about a year ago it was leaking; liquid/ odor coming out at floor, I went over and removed it, discovered there was a full inch between top of closet flange and finished floor. I installed four 1/4" flange extenders being very care full to silicone them...
  9. Steveg91

Water Pressure Gauge

Hey Folks, I'm goint to put a water pressure gauge in line at the water heater, the plumbing supply tried to sell the type that goes on a hose bib with a screw connector, I'm thinking this type isn't made to be permanently under pressure and I need the type with an 1/4" MPT connection, such as a...
  10. Steveg91

Expansion Tank Question

I know, I know, so many exp tank threads and here a I am starting another one.... Watts installation procedures say to drain the water heater before installing exp tank; the following from their instructions 4.Shut off power source to the water heater, (electricity, gas, oil burner switch)...
  11. Steveg91

Water Pressure Regulator

Hey folks, Couple of questions......... 1. I'm going to install a ball valve and water pressure regulator outside in the front of the house. The 3/4" supply line is 24" between ground and 90 degree fitting going into wall, it runs vertically. I've done a fair amount of sweating on 1/2" pipe...
  12. Steveg91

Water Pressure Regulator

Hey Folks, I'm going to install a Water Pessure Regulator. A local hardware store has a WATTS N55B-M1 for $45, is this a good quality product? Who makes good ones?/what do I look for??? The instructions on the Watts say to install a Backflow Preventer before the Regulator, is this important/ a...
  13. Steveg91

How high should wax ring hold toilet???

Hey Folks, When setting a toilet using a wax ring, carefully and as level as possible, approximately how high off the finished floor should the toilet be under it's own weight-before beginning to push down on the toilet??? in other words, how high off the finished floor should the wax ring hold...
  14. Steveg91

Please help with closet flange

Hi everyone, I really need some help. The finished floor will be about 1/2" higher than the top of this flange. I'm thinking about using an Oatey extender, the thiung is there's a lot of rust inside ( not so smooth ) so I don't know if that'll make it so I cant't get a good seal. Then again...
  15. Steveg91

Crooked slip joint.....

Hi all, I just installed a waste & overflow on a bathtub, the trap is at a slight angle, so the slip joint is at a slight angle. No water is leaking, I know it may be hard to give a definitive answer without seeing it, but in general what is the rule of thumb as to how even the slip joint has to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks