Search results

1. cols

Water suddenly shuts off

Well, I think we have it solved. DH replaced the relay and the start capacitor today and VOILA ! Everything ran perfectly. Let's just hope this does the trick. THANK YOU so much for your help. If it weren't for the help we got here, we wouldn't have even looked for that control box...
  2. cols

Water suddenly shuts off

Thanks. The new pressure switch is right at the pressure tank. (pressure tank = 1 year old? ... time flies, could be two?) I'll ask DH about the pressure in the tank. I was reading about "too much charge" yesterday. While it has been pretty warm here lately, it is COOOOOL :cool: down in...
  3. cols

Water suddenly shuts off

So, if we just replaced the tank and the bladder is "bad", what did we do wrong to cause that AND does it mean a whole new tank again? :confused::( How do we test this? (whether or not it is the tank) Can we "bleed" the tank and recharge it or ???? I was down there today when my daughter...
  4. cols

Water suddenly shuts off

I just got a phone call from DH, who observed this morning that it takes two or three times of the pump going on/off, on/off, on/off until it finally stays on "normally". When it is doing that quick shut off, the relay shuts off as well. If the pump cuts out on the high limit, will the relay...
  5. cols

Water suddenly shuts off

WOW ! That would sure be nice. ;) I know my friend's has been down for 30 years. They never even "think" about their water system. It just chugs along. No time to check the capacitor last night. :( DH was glad to hear that there was one more thing to check, though. Still keeping my...
  6. cols

Water suddenly shuts off

Two years. Well, bummer for that neighbour. :(:p Found the control box. DO NOT tell DH that it was hiding under an old riding helmet that I haven't worn since I was a kid !!! :o Let's cross our fingers that it's the capacitor then, shall we? ;) Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your...
  7. cols

Water suddenly shuts off

Oh, ok, gotcha. So, we haven't really been using that line this year at all except to fill a smallish bucket once a day to water the goats. We haven't been doing any irrigating. I think if we did cook the pump, we did it last year when we were doing a lot of irrigating and were using hose with...
  8. cols

Water suddenly shuts off

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate your advice. We kinda figured we'd killed the pump, but were hoping against hope that we hadn't. :( Big bill ahead, I guess. I have read about the cycle stop valve and will definitely investigate more. DH is pretty handy (he's a major appliance...
  9. cols

Water suddenly shuts off

Hi. We have an 86' well with a submersable pump. We replaced the pressure tank last year and the pressure switch last week. ;) Particularly when we run the water from the "irrigation" pipe (doesn't go through the house's filtration system) the water will run and then shut off VERY suddenly...
  10. cols

Front Load Washer

Most brands (Maytag/ Fridgidaire/Samsung, etc) require the tech to remove the TOP in order to get the front panel off. "Dryers are light weight".....well, that's as may be, but most techs will not take the dryers down by themselves SO you will be at the very least paying for two guys to show...
  11. cols

Funky Smell in "Freshly Washed" clothes

:eek: EEK !!!! No, No !!! Don't do that. I NEVER have a smelly issue with my Maytag Neptune. It's the best piece of equipment I own. I'm talkin' of ALL the tools I use (and believe me, I have some "prized possessions) They are water efficient/detergent effecient and energy efficient. PLUS you...
  12. cols

Drawing from pressure tank.

OK !!! Now I get it. Thank you !!! I get it (finally :o ) Ok, so BEFORE we started using that "maintenance faucet", the irrigation was set up as you suggested. There is a big ball valve and large pipes. SO ... we need to go back to using them. Thank you for your patience with me. You...
  13. cols

Funky Smell in "Freshly Washed" clothes

Maytag had a "kit" to fix this problem ...... again, it's a shame DH isn't here...(I'm at work)....He's a major appliance service technician. I do know that he tells customers to ~use HE detergent ~use at least warm and preferable hot water, at least for your towels ~make sure you don't...
  14. cols

Yes, I have a bladder type pressure tank. The new one is a bit larger than the one we replaced. I guess I'm just not getting what you mean by "using enough water". I "thought" I understood how the system worked, but maybe I'm missing something. So,,,,,back to my original question: Should...
  15. cols

Valveman; Thank you for your reply. I have no idea what you are talking about. :o Sorry to be blunt, but there's no sense in beating around the bush, the way I figure it. I don't get how I "destroyed" my first tank. My understanding was that it lived about as long as expected for it's...
  16. cols

Front Load Washer

LOL ! :p I asked him this question, but I misunderstood, too. I thought you just wanted to mount the AW on a "pedistal". My DH laughed when I told him that the salesman said it had to be a "special" one. DH says that the pedistal will have to be able to slide out with the machine for...
  17. cols

The pressure tank is "before" the filter system. That's why we want to use it for irrigation, etc. The horses are fine with unfiltered. :p So, why "especially" from the pressure tank? I'm glad to hear that we can draw from that point, though. It's a good system for us, as we can easily use...
  18. cols

Front Load Washer

High RPM's for sure !!!! Well, we are Maytag people. My DH is a major appliance service technician. I sure wish he were here. :rolleyes: I KNOW that the RPM's on the Maytag Neptune HE front loader are among the highest in the industry and I would think that WOULD be a factor in terms of how...
  19. cols

Hello. I am so happy to have found this forum. We live out of town on a small acreage and have our own water. We recently replaced our pressure tank, which was an expenive, but relatively easy job. When we bought the house, things were set up so that the irrigation water bypassed the house's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks