Search results

1. Frank O

Something died in our stack vent pipe?

I did close the drain and tape over the bowl overflow -- surprise, the smell went away. So I think it has to be this condensate drain line from the HVAC unit in the attic above. Someone on another forum told me it's against code to tie an HVAC drain line into a plumbing line/stack precisely...
  2. Frank O

Mark, I had exactly the same reaction. If that black tube attaches to the vent system, it would be completely screwed up to connect it above the trap. I'm vaguely remembering maybe it's there to serve as a drain from an HVAC unit in the attic, but I have no idea if that's the way to do that...
  3. Frank O

Here's a shot under the sink: Hardware was installed a few months ago by a pro plumber. I'm not sure of the purpose of the black hose on the right. It doesn't make sense that it would lead to the vent system -- tying in between the drain and trap would serve no purpose in breaking a vacuum...
  4. Frank O

Recently we came back from a three-week trip out of town, and found that the upstairs bathroom in our two-story house had a definite smell -- like there was a dead rat somewhere. We tried cleaners in the drains, which didn't help much. We also did a careful check inside and under all the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks