Search results

1. OldSalt

4-season valve manifold & irrigation design

I'm preparing to install irrigation at my Northern Idaho home this spring. I'm sort of stumped. I'd installed several residential irrigation systems over the past 30 years, so none of the requirements are new to me, but things are ~~ just a bit different ~~ in Idaho, versus Southern...
  2. OldSalt

Brine tank - moving to remote location

This question picks up on an old thread, with a few replies from @ditttohead ref: Can brine tank be placed farther from the softener I'm planning an install a Fleck-valve based water softener system for a 2400 sq foot house, in 4 season Idaho. The location available for the install is a...
  3. OldSalt

Electrical caulk for MC PVC cable connectors

Project Description: I'm a homeowner installing outdoor light fixtures on my 7' deep balcony, across the front of my home. I'm trying to do this properly to code. However, I have a problem, and intend to resolve it by the "whatever works" method. The fixtures will be mounted on the support...
  4. OldSalt

Adding porch lights: Exterior MC cable?

I'm extending a NM porch light cable in my garage wall, out to two posts supporting the overhead, 7' semi-covered deck, which is in front of the garage. On the posts, I intended to put three lamps, one on one side, and two on the other. The installation will be a surface mount. My original...
  5. OldSalt

Direct Vent Gas Fireplace - Problems

Not sure if this forum handles these animals. Propane fireplaces seem to fit into a niche between plumbing, HVAC, and fireplace specialty stores. I have a Direct Vent Propane Gas Fireplace, with a problem. See picture below: Unit is a Vermont Castings (formerly Majestic) MLDV500PSC Unit...
  6. OldSalt

MOEN 1222 Cartridge: Clean out, Repair, & "Proud" (won't insert in valve fully)

There's plenty of information on pulling and replacing a MOEN 1222 cartridge from a MOEN "Posi-temp" valve. I have four showers using these valves installed during builder rough-in. I also had hard water problems with my tankless water heater due to hard water problems, which I resolved by...
  7. OldSalt

Feedback/Recommendation: Tankless water heater experience

I wanted to pass on my experience with installation and use of a Tankless Hot Water Heater: Background: New construction, new Rinnai RUR98IP (similar, RUR98E* and RUR98IN) tankless water heater installed by plumber. He was inexperienced with tankless w.h.. Overall experience: Very good...
  8. OldSalt

Gas Fireplace: Electronic (IPI) Pilot issues

Some HVAC companies around this area also specialize in Fireplace installation, so I'm going to "troll" and toss this question out there, hoping that someone out there has some experience with this. I have a Majestic propane fireplace insert with a "signature command center" electronic (a.k.a...
  9. OldSalt

Check valve type, and installation (direction, Horizontal or Vert)

I'm having a problem with a check valve on my tankless hot water re-circulation line. It's evidently failing, as I have cold water in my hot water faucets/showers at the end of the run. The valve that is there is a spring-loaded-ball type (versus a swing) and is only a few months old...
  10. OldSalt

Cold showers! (Rinnai Tankless/Recirc/Condensing RUR98iN)

(I hope this is the correct forum in which to post this. If this should have been posted to "Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice", please advise.) I've had a long term struggle with a Rinnai Tankless hot water (RUR98iN) heating system I had installed in my new house. I have a problem...
  11. OldSalt

P-Trap Weir and Vent Line Height

I'm building a house in Northern Idaho, and without getting into all the details, it's been a rough build. Budget is largely exhausted and I had problems with my original plumber, hence I'm completing trim and finishes on my own. A professional plumber completed rough in, and passed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks