Search results

1. EIR

Bath sink with 2" drain hole...where can I find a drain?

I should know better. Bought a wall hung odd ball vanity online a long time ago. Just getting around to finishing the bathroom. I went to drop a Delta 559lf-mpu facuet in it and the drain hole (just shy of 2") damn near swallowed the delta 2 1/8" drain flange. I never opened the sink prior so...
  2. EIR

Geberit wall carrier: couple of questions

Installed one of these in our bathroom. Followed the paper and online video to a tee. I have concerns about long term durability of the physical toilet and the wall surface. The manual that came with stated cement board, gypsum board, etc were approved substrates. After mounting my toilet...
  3. EIR

Using abandoned chimney as plumbing chase for vent?

I can't find a definitive answer. Can one use an abandoned (zero other appliances be it gas, wood, etc) cinder block chimney with Terra Cotta flu as a chase for a PVC vent for a drain? If so, can the vent merely stick out past the top of the chimney masonry but inside the existing vented rain...
  4. EIR

Valves for twin tank (parallel) filter installations?

I see a lot of valves marketed for twin tank alternating water softeners. The question is, do these valves or any valve allow two media tanks to operate in parallel but backwash independently? (I realize during backwashing that both tanks would be unavailable ). If not do you think I'd be...
  5. EIR

Non washer standpipe? Same restrictions as washer standpipe?

Poorly worded question. Does a standpipe intended for non washing machine purposes have to conform to the restrictions placed on a washing machine standpipe? This is intended for dedicated indirect backwash and condensate disposal. Washing machine has its own dedicated stand pipe else where in...
  6. EIR

Dumb question: will a lateral vent prevent a backup event inside the home?

I have what I believe is a lateral vent at grade in my front yard. Public sewage. It's open to atmosphere (metal mushroom type cover). It's about 6 feet from the foundation. If I were to experience a clog between the main and lower part of the lateral before the vent or a clogged main in the...
  7. EIR

Maximum distance allowed away from unit for PRV valve?

To make draining the PRV easier, and since tankless units have the PRV plumbed into the output side of the heater, is there a code to how far one can located it away from the physical unit? I'd like to plumb mine out the side of the output valve and go up two or three feet to get the slope...
  8. EIR

Standpipe/p trap in crawlspace

It doesn't seem like great common sense but could someone site the code section allowing or prohibiting a properly installed and vented p trap/stand pipe in the crawlspace? It will be the low point if the main backs up but is a floor drain in a basement not the same situation?
  9. EIR

Converting backwash specs to tank size?

Looking at the kdf 55 literature. It states 15gpm/sqft for service flow and a 30gpm/sqft for baxwashing from the manufacturer. How do I take those requirements and convert them to performance of various polyglass tank sizes? I've seen recommendations for 6-7" diameter tanks to help with...
  10. EIR

Drain size for kdf and carbon back washing filters

Planning on a back washing carbon filter and possibly a kdf unit before the carbon. On municple water. My initial plan was to utilize an existing washer standpipe for backwash disposal of both. Realizing a 7" kdf tank could see 10gpm backwash had me wondering if a 2" drain could handle the...
  11. EIR

Help sizing kitchen sink/washer/dishwasher water supply

Good evening. Simple question. I've decided to go with a more tradition trunk and branch layout with possibly a sub manifold or two. I am plumbing in copper. My kitchen sink base will house the supplies for the sink, dishwasher and a remote shutoff valve for a compact washer dryer. As...
  12. EIR

Navien NPE horizontal venting pitch?

I notice navien doesn't spec a specific direction if any to pitch the venting on a sidewall/horizontal installation. I know some other manufacturers do. Is there a definitive answer? If it doesn't matter, does position of any vertical rise in the horizontal run then matter? What if you need to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks