Search results

1. clix

Moen Single Handle Kitchen Faucet Loose

I have a Arbor style Moen, single handle kitchen faucet where the handle will rattle back and forth when moved. At first I thought it was just the hex set screw for the handle, but that didn't help. I took off the handle and the housing that and see that the housing that the cartridge is...
  2. clix

Pfister Avante won't stay in place

I have a Price Pfister Avante (push/pull on/off, twist to mix) shower valve. I replaced the cartridge the other day but when I went to reinstall the retaining nut, it seemed as though brass valve where the retaining nut screws into was enlarged slightly and the retainer nut would not engage the...
  3. clix

Double sink DWV check

I tore out a double sink vanity that was in my basement bathroom and will be moving the bathroom sink to an adjacent wall, making the bathroom a little bit smaller and adding a wetbar where the old double sink used to be. My current plan for drain and venting is in the attached, red is the...
  4. clix

Laundry Pipes Freezing

My laundry room backs up to my garage, which is not heated. For the past 2 years we've lived here, the pipes have frozen but not burst. I tore out the drywall in the garage (image attached) away this winter because the pipes were frozen for over a week and we needed to do laundry and I used a...
  5. clix

Moving wall, drain at front of cabinet

I'm moving a wall that was formerly the wall against which a bathroom double vanity was installed. I'm reclaiming 24 inches from the bathroom and going to install a bar sink in essentially the same spot as where the bathroom sinks were located but because the wall has moved and the bar sink...
  6. clix

Toilet drain, sanitary tee horizontal

I know this isn't to code, but is this toilet going to have problems such that something should be changed before drywall is put back up? (This was installed in this fashion by a licensed plumber due to space limitations.) The line that runs into the sanitary tee before going to the drain is...
  7. clix

First plumbing plan, advice please

Thanks to everyone who has helped me with questions on my kitchen remodel so far. I've finally put together the general layout, in the attached drawing. Please let me know if anyone sees required fixes or suggestions that might make the system better. If i'm missing critical information...
  8. clix

UPC Study Resource

I'm looking for a study resource for the UPC that has some explanation and images to help me understand all the UPC rules, give some background on the theory and to help prepare for my county's homeowner test (test required for a homeowner to be able to do work on one's own residence). I took...
  9. clix

Moving kitchen sink and dishwasher, vent question

Our current kitchen remodel plan calls for sliding the kitchen sink 8' to the right, on the same wall where the current sink is located. The vent for the current sink location runs vertical directly behind the sink before turning horizontal and then vertical again after clearing the window over...
  10. clix

Island vent alternate

Hi everyone. I'm starting to plan out a kitchen remodel with a peninsula/island sink and have an interpretation question regarding a local plumbing ordinance (I will run everything by the inspector but want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious here). Here is what my local plumbing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks