Search results

1. Mark Alhadeff

Eemax TankBuddy -- Opinions Sought

Thanks for the comments Dana. I keep hearing myself say (in a Brooklyn/Long Island accent), "Hey, who knew I had a Trombe Wall House?" Considering we named the house "Casa de Hunu" maybe it shouldn't be surprising. I sent you an email with a link to a Facebook post with photos of the "solar...
  2. Mark Alhadeff

Thanks again for the continued responses. As far as installing the TankBuddy, it would be a cinch for me. I have decent plumbing skills -- having done a ton of plumbing on a house we restored a decade ago. I made all the really bad mistakes already! I can solder pretty well but lately I have...
  3. Mark Alhadeff

Thanks for the suggestion, but we've already got the temperature cranked up (but without a tempering valve). We are pretty careful with the hot water and basically temper at the time of use using the faucets. I've got a feeling that the reason we don't get a slow taper down from hot to warm to...
  4. Mark Alhadeff

Our newer (to us) home has a heater that is undersized for us, but of a relative young age. We were about to upgrade to a larger tank (we don't want to put in a second tank) and I stumbled upon this new product. Honestly, I am also interested in the concept on a pure "geek" level and would love...
  5. Mark Alhadeff

To be clear, my experience with our tank running out of hot water has been a very quick change from hot to freezing -- it seems to me that this would only help during the in-between time when the water is no longer hot, but not cold either. For me that is a very short time. But maybe I'm missing...
  6. Mark Alhadeff

I'm wondering if anybody has an opinion on (or experience with) Eemax's TankBuddy. The TankBuddy is a small tankless heater that is designed to work with a typical tank heater. They claim to get you close to 2x the effective hot water from your tank. As far as I can tell it is only sold through...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks