Search results

1. Gregmech26

Which City water pressure booster pump is right for me to increase PSI ?

Well I ended up moving to a condo that was built in 2014. Anyways, this is what I ended up doing at my condo. I should have done this at my house before moving, as it worked very well at my condo. I don't think installing the new 3/4 piping at my new condo made much of a difference, as...
  2. Gregmech26

Yes, I noticed that too. It makes it sound like a gimmick. You think they would certainly list the GPM and/or PSI boost increase statistics. It makes me lose faith in their shower heads they are offering, and their wide-bore shower cord.
  3. Gregmech26

What is the best shower head for high flow?

I believe it's only illegal to sell shower heads with greater flow than 2.5 gpm. Once you purchase a shower head, I think you're free to do as you wish. I could be wrong , as it might not comply with plumbing codes, etc. As far as enforcement goes...I can't recall the last time someone was put...
  4. Gregmech26

I just wanted to add this interesting site about increasing shower pressure. Although it is a British site, apparently you can still convert with a 3/4 inch. https://www.showerpowerbooster.co.uk/ Also, I love my vintage 4-jet Speakman Ansytream shower head; however, a couple very good places...
  5. Gregmech26

STATE ProLine water heater

That's a good question. My concern is that I don't want to damage the new water heater by having it set on MAX temp 24-hours a day if I only draw from it once a day for 15minutes.
  6. Gregmech26

I just got the Rheem Pro Classic "commercial" water heater with 76,000 BTU which has helped slightly with the water pressure. I now notice pooling of water which accumulates when I shower. Plus, I 'm getting 15-minute HOT showers. I didn't go tankless as I've read many reviews on tankless water...
  7. Gregmech26

Low Hot Water Pressure - new tank - dielectric

The Rheem 75-gallon "commercial" water heater I just purchased has two GIANT dielectric unions on 3/4 copper pipe. The plumber said they were mandatory.
  8. Gregmech26

I just got the Rheem Pro Classic "commercial" water heater with 76,000 BTU from a plumbing supply company with metal thermostat instead of plastic installed in my residential basement. It cost me a grand total of $2410 installed with 8-year Rheem warranty and 2-year labor warranty. I know I...
  9. Gregmech26

That's what I've read. I think I will go with this Rheem Pro: https://www.rheem.com/product/residential-gas-water-heaters-professional-classic-plus-series-heavy-duty#tab-5
  10. Gregmech26

As Valveman indicated, I believe this plumber for Lowes just didn't know what he was talking about. Even my realtor said he had a few of his clients on city water purchase similar water pressure booster pumps to successfully increase their city water pressure. I believe it wasn't until 1992...
  11. Gregmech26

I sent the links to the 10GB07 Goulds booster pump and a PK1A kit with a 20 gallon tank to a plumber (the plumber who provided a free estimate for my water heater) and he refuses to install those items claiming it will "blow out everything" in my house. The first plumber I called back in...
  12. Gregmech26

Low Hot Water Pressure - new tank - dielectric

I read that some plumbers like to replace the dielectric heat trap nipples with Stainless Steel flex, as the Dielectric nipples have been known to get 90% clogged.
  13. Gregmech26

I called the plumber who did a good job installing our 4 toilets that we purchased from Lowes a couple years ago. Apparently this plumber installs everything plumbing-related for Lowes and has good reviews online. I asked him for an estimate to install a Rheem Pro water heater as I heard it had...
  14. Gregmech26

When you're accustomed to 120 psi your entire life, making the downgrade to nearly half that at 66 psi can be an unwelcome adjustment: http://www.contractortalk.com/f9/home-inspector-says-water-pressure-too-high-138596/ We've never had issues with our copper pipes, water heaters, shower...
  15. Gregmech26

My shower stall glass door is 59 x 70 to give you an idea of size. The water stream without the shower head on reaches exactly half way, which coincidentally is where the shower drain is located. I would think at 72 psi the water stream would "put a hole in the back of the wall" instead of...
  16. Gregmech26

Plus, I am "Big & Tall" at 6'3" tall, 300lbs with size 16 shoes. Perhaps we need stronger showers because we have more mass and circumference to cover compared to our regular sized civilians? :)
  17. Gregmech26

] Visually it looks the same and unaffected at the lavatory during a shower.
  18. Gregmech26

I know this thread is extremely long ;however, I posted the results last year. I get just under 6 GPM with my shower head. I had 72 PSI at the Water Heater while the shower was running at 6 GPM. This measurement was recorded on Sunday night around 11:3opm Eastern time. I had 66 PSI at the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks