Search results

1. shanec

Media Tank Expansion and Copper Plumbing

Does direct copper plumbing to the water softener valve provide enough movement for media tank expansion? My plumber direct plumbed my Fleck 5810 with copper and said that is how he installs all of them. But, I was just reading the Fleck install manual and it says the following: When...
  2. shanec

Purchased 5600SXT - Should I Not Install It?

I will admit that I didn't do significant research before finding an online retailer (Aplus Water) and purchasing the Fleck 5600 SXT 48,000 grain water softener. I read and watched a handful of online reviews and it seemed that everything about the unit was very positive. I was also optimistic...
  3. shanec

Draining into Sump Pit

Would it be a generally bad idea to drain an espresso machine drip tray into a sump pit? The drained contents would contain nothing other than water and very finely ground coffee grounds. Would this potentially risk eventually breaking the sump pump or causing other risky issues? If that is not...
  4. shanec

Best Way to Splice Water Off This Sink

I am trying to plumb a coffee machine off the cold water underneath my kitchen sink. What is the easiest way to plumb this in without having to do any soldering? I am planning to run a 3/8" PEX (John Guest) tube from this source line to the espresso machine. Should I replace the stop valve at...
  5. shanec

John Guest Tubing Allowed for Potable Water Source?

I am going to plumb in an espresso machine into my single family home in DuPage county. My village (Hinsdale) requires that we follow Illinois plumbing code. The kit that I purchased with the water softener and filter came with 15' of John Guest tubing and JG valves and connectors. Are these...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks