Search results

1. rrzepka

Bathroom Plumbing Sounds

I agree with the previous reply - its probably the expansion and contraction of the PVC vent piping. I had a similar problem in my condo with a PVC vent stack rubbing against the wood framing above the main bathroom. And, in condos, the vent stack may be shared between units. The area to...
  2. rrzepka

Leaking Bathtub

Well, as far as "joints that could have developed leaks", my guess is probably not. From your photos, it would appear that you PVC pipe and PVC pipe joints are solvent welded together - think a controlled melting of the two pieces of pipe before they fuse together. Maybe one of the more...
  3. rrzepka

Leaking Bathtub

Your problem sounds similar to one I had a few months ago - slow leak, not much volume, appears related to the volume of water in the tub. My problem was related to an insufficient amount of plumbers putty from the original installation and a deteriorating rubber gasket on the bottom of the...
  4. rrzepka

Cutting PVC pipe - need to get it straight

Many thanks to George R and Dave Meers for excellent suggestions. -Robert
  5. rrzepka

Cutting PVC pipe - need to get it straight

What is the best way to get a clean, straight cut in PVC pipe? My task is to cut out the appropriate length in order to splice in a 3" x 3" 1.5" tee connection. When I've tried to cut PVC pipe in the past, I'm always a bit off from a true, straight cut. The pipe in question is 3" in...
  6. rrzepka

Copper pipe - pinhole leaks and green spots

You mentioned that the pipe was in a crawl space. Was the pipe in contact with the any stone or gravel, or was the pipe suspended in the floor joists? The reason I ask is that our HOA just completed a major repiping from the street to one specific building due to over 25 pinhole leaks and...
  7. rrzepka

Polybutelene pipe replacement

TJ, The price sounds like about right. I live in the Northern Virginia suburbs and received a few quotes earlier this year for replacing PB pipe in my condo. The prices I was quoted were essentially $1000 per day for 5 days of work (without any drywall repair) and about $600 for type L...
  8. rrzepka

Re-routing a waste stack branch line

I am remodeling some attic space in my condominium and need to re-route a waste stack branch line from one of two bathrooms. The re-route is necessary since the original plumbers and/or builder never thought that anyone would use this space and installed this line about 4 inches above the top...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks