Search results

1. Rmgolob

Terrible stink in Hot water only in New Water heater

I asked a follow up question in and older thread, but the title didn't fit the issue so posting here as well. New water heater last spring. Rheem PRO + G75 - 76N RH https://www.rheem.com/product/profe...r-with-8-year-limited-warranty-pro-g75-76n-rh Purchased and installed the Warranty...
  2. Rmgolob

ONLY got 44 years out of my WH. Now what - Rheem or Bradford White?

Sarg, Thanks for the reply last spring. I agree and think I did right. BUT, I have a major problem. The hot water smells terrible. I know the normal statement is its smells like rotten eggs (H2S) but I say its more like rotten garbage. Some days unbearable. Showers stink up the whole house...
  3. Rmgolob

Inlet and outlet nipples on Rheem water heater.

Thanks Terry, That's what I though too, but there is no check valve in them. There is a soft foam like flapper that moves in either direction. From a practical matter, I guess I "don't care" anymore as I am not using these nipples. I went with the 3/4" fittings in the warranty extension kit and...
  4. Rmgolob

Inlet and outlet nipples on Rheem water heater.

New Rheem RO+G75-76N RH with the added warranty hot water anode. First question, If using the included 1" nipples, which end is up? The nipples are stainless. I need to reduce to 3/4". Just a simple Bell reducer and nipple? I will use sharkbite water heater fitting that has 3/4" female...
  5. Rmgolob

Thanks phog. As we were out of hot water, I did purchase the Rheem 75 gallon. Unfortunately its a couple inches larger in diameter than the old one that was a tight squeeze. I had to re work some gas lines. I also purchased the additional hot water anode to extend the warranty. I'm not sure...
  6. Rmgolob

Assuming the Rheem is a good / best option, should I buy this add on?
  7. Rmgolob

Confirming the Rheem is available for $875 within an hour of me. The supply house down the street and many on line are in the $1200 range. I'm thinking I should take it and run?
  8. Rmgolob

Pilot will not light on my 75 gallon Rheem 29-75-5 from January 1977. Based on research here, I think these are 2 good options: Rheem PRO + G75 - 76N RH...
  9. Rmgolob

Galvanic corrosion with CSV / PVC bushing leaks

Thanks - I THOUGHT it was tight, but perhaps not.... I'll try that first.
  10. Rmgolob

Galvanic corrosion with CSV / PVC bushing leaks

In a previous thread, @Reach4 stated: "(Brass and stainless) and (brass and copper) are normally thought to not have galvanic corrosion problems." I'm not disputing that at all, but.... "Normally" and "Problems" offer at least a level of concern greater than Zero. My house has all original...
  11. Rmgolob

LOT of iron 3 years after new well. Want to install my CSV.

@valveman @Reach4 @Bannerman @Sarg (Anyone else I missed) Thanks all for the help. Here is a pic of my final (almost) installation. (I will create a new thread to ask about threaded PVS joint leaks.) And of course, please feel free to point out any areas of concern.
  12. Rmgolob

Myers 1.5 HP, 2 wire, 20 GPM. Replaced a Grundfos 3/4 HP, 10 GPM. Pump hanging from 60 ft PVC and water level is about 10-12 feet over that. I assume I am good?
  13. Rmgolob

Non-Potable PVC Bushing?

Thanks. so I can put that in the outlet of my CSV and then a 3/4 elbow in the bushing?
  14. Rmgolob

Non-Potable PVC Bushing?

Related to my thread with regards to installing a CSV, I want to put this bushing directly into the CSV outlet. (To create a plastic barrier between the stainless valve and the copper pipe and fittings) Why in the world would this bushing be listed as for Non-Potable water? Thanks
  15. Rmgolob

Follow up question numbers ?? and ?? Do I need to maintain 1" outlet from the CSV for a particular length? Assuming not, can I put a 1 x 3/4 bushing directly into the outlet? Can I then run a 3/4 Elbow immediately into the bushing? No turbulence or friction issues?
  16. Rmgolob

Follow up question(s): 1. I cant imagine there is a difference with the switch or the gage being first (closest to the CSV) - Correct? 2. What is the highlighted gizmo and what does it do? I assume it's direction IS important?
  17. Rmgolob

@valveman Well.... After 4 years (and despite my ambitious comments above) I 'm finally installing the PK1. Current set up to which I will add the CSV pictures below. 1. No check valve between the well and the CSV, correct? 2. Can I / Should I put a sample port between the well and the CSV...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks