Search results

1. Plumber Man

Insinkerator fiber? gasket

I use silcock, haven't bought plumber's putty in years.
  2. Plumber Man

You guys working?

A lot of my business is on hold right now. I do remodels and service work, it might be because I have an older clientele but most people don't want you in their house unless it's an emergency. To be honest I'm in the higher risk category so I'm fine with holding off.
  3. Plumber Man

Shower curtain rod assembly for free-standing tub

Don't know if you can can go up to 54 inches long or not here's an option for you, you can click on the size option and they show a 36 by 54 for $189.00 I've installed a few of these and have had pretty good luck with them. The signature hardware site has quite a few different options pretty...
  4. Plumber Man

Wet Venting for Dummies

The way you have it drawn is correct. Because it is a shower you'll need to put in a 3 inch wye at the toilet and then a 3 by 2 wye where it splits to go to the shower and lavatories, put a 3 by 2 bushing in the end of the wye and run 2 in to the shower drain.
  5. Plumber Man

Delta diverter

If you could post pictures of the faucet that may help.
  6. Plumber Man

Prepping for the unthinkable: -13'F and no heat!

Shutting the water off at the main and opening all the faucets will help keep your pipes from freezing. There's a little more to draining the water from your boiler system then just refilling it, you would need to go around to each radiator after it is refilled and bleed the air out which...
  7. Plumber Man

Delta multichoice nightmare

Are you turning the stem clockwise to turn it off? I assume you've tried different cartridges and not just valves?
  8. Plumber Man

Tub faucet handle disassembly

The bell looking cap should turn counter-clockwise to remove. Google strap wrench they do make one that is rubber and would grip onto the polish brass without scoring it.
  9. Plumber Man

Foot pedals AND hand valves for kitchen sink?

With a faucet like this using the braided hoses it would be easy to do with tee's I know this is a lav faucet, just for an example. https://www.tsbrass.com/p/medical-lavatory-faucets/B-2865-05
  10. Plumber Man

Help removing old Kohler bathroom faucet

If you have an oscillating tool cut the nuts from the bottom to the top you'll be able to put a flat bladed screwdriver in there and spread the nug apart. If you do not have the oscillating tool use a drill and drill bit and drill the nut from the bottom to the top. It is brass so it will cut easy.
  11. Plumber Man

Identify toilet parts

The rubber piece is a restrictor that needs to be pushed back up into the fill valve with the closed end up, it reduces the flow of the city water pressure into the valve.
  12. Plumber Man

Poly PEX fitting?

I've been using Watts fittings and stainless steel rings.
  13. Plumber Man

Poly PEX fitting?

Like you I was leery, for cost I made the switch to plastic about a year ago and have had no issues.
  14. Plumber Man

Looking for help rebuilding shower mixer valve

Rebuilt one for my parents years ago and I just went with the cartridge. https://www.homedepot.com/p/BrassCraft-Mixet-MXT07-4-1-2-in-Hot-Cold-Post-1968-Stem-with-Retainer-MXT07/202054491?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal2_rr-_-203629506-_-202054491-_-N
  15. Plumber Man

Looking for help rebuilding shower mixer valve

Possibly mixet but I'm not 100% sure.
  16. Plumber Man

Steam line through wood studs

I would drill the holes big enough the in studs to insulate the entire steamline. With a joint at every stud there's more of a chance of condensation dripping in the walls as the pipe is cooling. If you do go the route of just insulating between the studs make sure you drill your hole big...
  17. Plumber Man

Loose kitchen faucet

If the pipes are still connected securely to the scrap piece of wood they used to anchor it to the wall I would try to cut some wood blocks to put between the sink and the scrap piece of wood to push it back against the wall. You should be able to get it close and then tighten the escutcheons on...
  18. Plumber Man

Not able to remove bathroom faucet and taps

Hopefully this video will help, not your exact faucet.
  19. Plumber Man

New Delta valve now shower head leaking

Leave the shower arm in and remove the shower head. If you do not see any signs of dripping with the shower head removed that's more than likely residual water from the head. If it continues to drip without the head it is likely the cartridge or the valve having a defect.
  20. Plumber Man

Adapting to rigid faucet supply lines

I'm assuming you want to use Ridgid supply tubes for the looks? Do you have room under the back of the sink to make a loop and Hide the stainless steel flux supplies? If you do you could use a chrome lav supply riser to connect to the flex supplies. brasscraft 1-20kc cf 3/8"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks