Search results

1. Gagecalman

Need help locating a sink bowl

I'm trying to help a friend with a cracked sink bowl. I believe it was bought at Home Depot years ago. The opening is only 48" so the 49" granite top was installed in the rough opening before the drywall. Trying not to have to gut the walls. I was wondering if I could find a replacement sink...
  2. Gagecalman

Looking for thoughts on Gerber Wrightwood toilet from Costco

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on these from Costco for $140? https://gerber-gh.s3.amazonaws.com/gerberdocs/GTB20670_SS.pdf Product Overview Two-piece toilet 1.1 or 1.6 gpf (4 Lpf or 6 Lpf) Dual Flush 12″ Rough-In ADA Compliant Features Includes all parts: toilet seat, wax...
  3. Gagecalman

Method to raise shut off valve

I am helping a friend replace the two bad main valves in his house. The pipe is 3/4" and we will use a threaded ball valve. He wants to raise the valve up higher. What's the best way to do this? Can we use a long nipple? If so is galvanized a bad idea? Thanks.
  4. Gagecalman

Resolved: Help needed with compression fittings

Hi all and thanks for reading, I need some help with compression fittings. I installed a water filter for my fridge and a faucet on the sink. I used 1/4" copper tubing and B&K 1/4" compression fittings from Lowe's. The fittings do not have separate nuts and ferrules. They are one assembly. I...
  5. Gagecalman

Trane compressor running backwards

My sister lives in Florida. She says it been very hot this year. She has a two year old Trane a/c system. The compressor will occasionally make a strange noise. She called the company that did the install and they told her occasionally the compressor is running backwards due to the power...
  6. Gagecalman

NEC 2017 dishwasher question

Hi all, I live in Baltimore City. I have a question about the requirements for wiring up a dishwasher to the NEC 2017. I know there are some changes. I would also suspect they would apply to the garbage disposal as well. This is what I understand. The dishwasher receptacle must be installed...
  7. Gagecalman

Water hammer question

I am on city water at 80 psi. No PRV. No expansion tank on water heater. I have water hammer when the toilet is flushed. My new water meter was making a loud tapping sound when the water was running. The city came out and replaced it with a straight piece of pipe. They sub the installation...
  8. Gagecalman

Another venting question

Hello to all, This is new work done by someone licensed. Permitted and passed rough in inspection. IPC. Based on the great info I've learned from this forum I have a few questions. I am always trying to learn the correct way to do things. The first picture shows the shower trap. The pipe...
  9. Gagecalman

Questions about new plumbing

Hello to all, This is new work done by someone licensed. Permitted and inspected. IPC. Based on the great info I've learned from this forum I have a few questions. I am always trying to learn the correct way to do things. The first picture is for a vanity. I know it's a tight space for...
  10. Gagecalman

Washing machine drain

Hello to all. Thanks for your time and help. I am trying learn so I can do things right. Working to the IPC. I saw this sketch showing a washing machine rough in. It is my understanding that the washer can't be wet vented. Can the sani-tee's be reversed or will the washer then drain the...
  11. Gagecalman

Bubbles in downstairs toilet

Hello to all and thanks for an awesome site. I am new to the forum and trying to learn and help where I can. Here is my problem: Replaced upstairs toilet with an American Standard with a 4" flush valve. When I flush it now I get bubbles in the downstairs toilet. The main line is clean. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks