Search results

1. rdsnake

Silica etching glasses

I would love to see a picture of the glasses.
  2. rdsnake

Switchable/On-Demand Water Treatment for Exterior Hose? (For Washing Cars)

My water treatment systems happens to be close to one of my outside spigots lines in my basement. I ran both, filtered water and un-filtered water lines to the spigots, both with ball valve shut offs. I can open one valve and close the other depending on what kind of water I want to use.
  3. rdsnake

Need Help Selecting a Softener & Iron Removal System. Fleck 2510 vs 5900 vs Water-Right Impression?

My sump pump is next to my water treatment system so it's short run to drain it and let the pump remove it from the house. Prob not good for the pump life but I have 2 sumps so I'm not worried. I wouldn't hesitate to run the drain 15'. Negative on the metered blackflushes. It cycles every 3...
  4. rdsnake

Need Help Selecting a Softener & Iron Removal System. Fleck 2510 vs 5900 vs Water-Right Impression?

My water is similar as yours. I called out about 3 different company and had a bad luck with all 3. No one wanted to do a water test, rather just sell me something. Finally said screw it and did it myself. If you can solder wire, you can sweat pipes. I have a Fleck 2510AIO with KL media...
  5. rdsnake

New Construction House, VERY hard water. Help!

I have started a number of threads with my concerns in regards to the twin tank. Mostly is reliability concerns switching between both tanks (error code 1). Way too many moving parts IMO. My KL filter with a 2510SXT doesn't skip a beat. I really love that valve.
  6. rdsnake

New Construction House, VERY hard water. Help!

Agreed. You need a water test to show exactly whats in the water. I called every single water company to look at mine and none of them wanted to do a water test. Just sell me on a softener. I also have a 9100SXT twin tank WS and I'm not all that happy with the setup. I'd much rather have a...
  7. rdsnake

Bad WS Resin symptoms?

I will try the citric acid trick and see what happens. In the event that it isn’t successful, would I be a good candidate for 10% cross hatch resin?
  8. rdsnake

Bad WS Resin symptoms?

I think my resin may be bad inside my twin tank 9100SXT. I wanted to know what are the typical symptoms of bad resin? Background info. Installed 9100SXT in 2012 to help with Iron problem (1-2 PPM) and hardness (24 GPG). I keep fighting issues of the softener not regening on it's own. I would...
  9. rdsnake

Fleck 9100SXT Regeneration problem

Please let me know what happens with the new mirco switches. I did end up taking apart the pistons and seals last night. I had the lower outer seal pinched a hair. It's hard to get everything lined up because gravity wants to pull the seals down. It would be a ton easier to bench assemble the...
  10. rdsnake

That very well could be. Seems it is just a hair out of sequence. I myself has never experienced it in person. I usually cannot catch a regen cycle on its own. Whenever I force a regen, it cycles perfectly, every time. So, I installed the new seals and pistons. After the install I did 2 manual...
  11. rdsnake

The plot thickens. Was farting around with the softener yesterday and noticed the Upper plunger had some wear on the shaft and leaking. See attached 1st and 2nd picture. After that I took a close look at the gear seats. Originally, it looked as if the lower gear was on a angle but that seems...
  12. rdsnake

I put it through 2 cycles and didn't have an issue. I'm going to remove the micro switches and use a little dielectric grease on the connectors. Any other suggestions to look into? Ditttohead, you mentioned the cam shaft flexing. How noticeable is the flex? Enough for the micro switch not to be...
  13. rdsnake

The exact amount of water isn't a huge concern? Any issue with using unsoftened water? or should I run to the store and get a few gallons of drinking water?
  14. rdsnake

Update about 2 years later. Good old Error Code 1 came back...I also noticed there was no water in the brine tank. Maybe it sucked up all the water then shut off before it had a chance to refill the tank? What is the correct way to fill the brine tank with softened water and to the correct...
  15. rdsnake

Water softener and iron filter sanity check, before I purchase

I ordered the KL setup from Mid Atlantic. Like you, it was the only filter that had everything packaged together which I liked. Also, you don't need a Iron Filter with only .07PPM of iron. I think my water was just shy of 1PPM and the softener couldn't pull the Iron out on it's own. However...
  16. rdsnake

Update as of 1/4/17. I haven't any issues since I pulled the connectors off the mirco switches. I usually regen a tank every 4 days or so on the softener so it has gone through a number of cycles on it's own with no issues. Reach also helped me out dial in the sittings on the WS since I've...
  17. rdsnake

Please identify (well seal?)

IF you don't mind me asking, what did he charge you to replace the pump and pitiless?
  18. rdsnake

Need help sizing katalox filter

If you don't have sulfur smells on the cold side, I would agree with Reach and install a powered anode rod. In my completely unprofessional opinion, I would think about removing the pellet feeder. One less thing to worry about and I don't think you need it. I would also be inclined to think if...
  19. rdsnake

Need help sizing katalox filter

Hi Andrew, A lot of Illinois members on here. I actually just got finished installing my Katalox Light (KL) system and I am very pleased with the results. I also noticed your water report is similar to mine, although I have a little higher Iron count. My first question is to determine the age...
  20. rdsnake

Plumbing Fleck stainless bypass to 3/4" copper

I use unions at the water valves. You could plum it straight with copper but if you have a leak and need to tighten it up, you'll have to cut the copper and re do it. It was also a problem getting the nipple in the valve with Teflon tape then heated it up. Union solves all these issues...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks