Search results

1. CenterTree

What are my options to keep a small section of exposed water line from freezing?

Yeah, heat cable may work. Just be mindful that you will need a GFCI outlet nearby as most of those cable manufacturers say to not use extension cords. (though I suspect a thick enough gauge cord would be fine,,,say 12g). Get a cable that has a power indicator so you can eyeball that it is...
  2. CenterTree

Finding E.coli using Coliscan Easygel

We had a brand new well put in a few weeks ago. Got the professional lab test back with POSITIVES for both coliform and e coli. :( I shocked the well (and all interior lines - bypassing the water softener) , let sit 24 hours, then flushed it all as much as feasible. So, looking to come up...
  3. CenterTree

PsideKick system drops to zero PSI instantly...

I do suspect the gauge to be about 2 PSI off actually. Figure that we "rely" on pressure gauges on the tank, and then we use our own measuring gauge to check the tank pressure and we end up with a lot of minute/small differences that might make just the amount of problems we get in our...
  4. CenterTree

I will lower the precharge down to 40 then. Is there a way to disconnect/bypass/remove the low pressure cutoff on the switch, so I don't have to spend any more money for a new one?
  5. CenterTree

OK good to know. So I did lower the tank charge to 48. Still had intermittent pressure drops. Not every cycle though. Then I lowered it to 45. Still dropping about half the time. Will lower it even more tonight. How far is too low? At what point should I not go lower than with my 50/70...
  6. CenterTree

Yes I agree. A big selling point for me on the SQ pump was this dry-run feature. And similarly, the big selling point for my Cycle Sensor (on the well pump) was the same dry run feature.;) (and the "restart delay")
  7. CenterTree

Seems like they make "everything" for anything. In the top of my site tube you can see a wire. It is a high water alarm. It is temporary at the moment and will be upgraded to this ASAP. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B097R2BSMR/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A139JYPKQIY0WD&psc=1. I still...
  8. CenterTree

So with a second float switch to shut off the subPump in case of no water, where would it be wired in reference to the pump and the Pressure switch (which actually controls the pump in essence)? Also, the subPump is a Grundfos SQ which is supposed to have a low water cutoff built in to it. Do...
  9. CenterTree

OK thanks everyone for this info about the tank PSI. I just assumed the tank came prefilled with the proper amount to match my 50/70 cycle stop setup. As far as the low pressure switch, I really hope to be able to keep it just as an added feature to shut down the subPump in the tank if the...
  10. CenterTree

I will try it. I received the tank prefilled to 55 and figured that is what is needed due to the cycle stop valve.:confused:
  11. CenterTree

You are correct You are right,,,, that was not the problem. Still dropping pressure to zero after using water. As far as the Cycle Sensor being the problem... I don't see how that could be an issue as the CS is on the well side and not associated with the pressure tank/switch in any way...
  12. CenterTree

Hmmm, so I had a hunch and pulled the cover off the pressure switch. It appears that I may have had a senior moment and inadvertently had my wires crossed. I had the power wires on the middle 2 poles and my pump wires on the outer posts. :oops: I switched them and it seems to be working...
  13. CenterTree

Finally got my system up and running (sort of). I have a 240' low yield well (1.5GPM) feeding into a holding tank in the basement via a cycle sensor and controlled shutoff via float switch. All seems OK with the Cycle Sensor section on the well feed, as far as I can tell. Float switch works...
  14. CenterTree

Cycle Sensor to float switch wiring

Oh, that is a broken check valve in the current (soon to be disconnected) win coming line from the outside cistern. The cistern has a jet pump and needs a check valve. It broke last month and I replaced it with the newer white one on the vertical. (and for ease of repair I just left it in since...
  15. CenterTree

Cycle Sensor to float switch wiring

The float switch is a SJE Rhombus type (normally closed) being used to control well pump pumping into storage tank in basement. The well pump wiring is 12AWG, 220volt double pole breaker. (1/2HP 10GPM, 220 feet) Got the power run through the disconnect box and then onto the Cycle Sensor...
  16. CenterTree

Is my well water suitable for trees/garden/flowers/etc?

Ran a Landscape business for 20 years. Looks to me like there would be not much from your H2O analysis that would be detrimental to plants... Except the PH level. It is high for a lot of landscape shrubs. Azaleas, Rhodos, Hemlock, Fir, Pines, (Spruce would be similar) Blueberry, Holly...
  17. CenterTree

Pressure switch cutting off with low pressure?

Yes, keep your low pressure switch. :D I will jump in to mention that just this past Summer while taking a shower the water flow stopped. Went down stairs, saw the Ptank gauge very low. Held the little lever on the low pressure switch until JET pump ran steady. Turned to walk back up...
  18. CenterTree

CLEAR Schedule 40 PVC

They are close in price until you enter them in to your CART online and see that they want $48.00 to ship.:eek: So the NSF are double what Home Depot wants for the unRated one. (free shipping to HD). Just was wondering if there is REALLY any difference in the manufacturing process or just a...
  19. CenterTree

CLEAR Schedule 40 PVC

Yep, the sketch is just a quick draw up. The cap will indeed need to have a "vent" feature in order to function properly. Or I may even tie it back into the tank at the top by drilling another hole. As far as another float switch... I am going to use a low pressure cut off switch version of...
  20. CenterTree

Replacing hose bib or outdoor faucet

yeah, I mistyped that line. :oops: (changed it now):)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks