Search results

1. jak85

Installed an Americast tub with tile surround in a rental unit, cleaning?

I probably should have installed a cast iron, but couldn't deal with the weight. I've read the manufacturer's directions on how to clean and it's basically limited to soap, water, and a soft sponge. I have my doubts about getting tenants to follow these guidelines... I may end up calling the...
  2. jak85

Waste line threaded adapter sticks out too far for escutcheon to cover

The waste line for my pedestal sink is sticking out about 1/2" too far and so a deep style escutcheon doesn't cover it completely leaving a gap at the wall. Can you buy special sized escutcheons or perhaps there is a better way of cover up the 1/2" gap?
  3. jak85

Occasionally hearing water running through vent stack, but no water is running.

I am hearing this running water/sloshing around sound coming from the vent stack, but it only happens for 30 seconds or so and maybe once a day or every other day, pretty irregular. The problem is none of my plumbing fixtures are draining any water into the waste line when this happens, so I...
  4. jak85

Need to replace part of cast iron vent stack in my attic bathroom

I noticed some rusting on the undersides of both waste lines and decided to replace them with PVC, unfortunately they ended up breaking under the torque of my pipe wrench. The male thread is broke off inside the female thread of the drain T, but I'm not sure that there's even much thread left on...
  5. jak85

Extending cast iron drain line for pedestal sink

The drain line for my bathroom sink is 14.5" off the floor, roughly 20" from the center of the toilet flange and about 30" to the door on the left. Since I've changed the bathroom door to an outswing, I'd like to move the sink over maybe 4-6" so there is more room between the sink and the...
  6. jak85

Cold water supply line connected to cast iron main stack?

This is a picture of my attic bathroom, the cast iron pipe goes out the roof. The house was built in 1928 in Florida with additions made in the 60's or 70's I believe. I've got a galv water line that comes up from my first story bathroom and then T's out from there with one of the lines from the...
  7. jak85

Rotted subfloor under cast iron tub, considering my options.

I'm doing a bathroom remodel and after pulling up the floorboards I can see I've got water damage at the edge of the tub on the T&G boards that are nailed to the joists. The tub is off level and seems to sink down 1/2" in this rotted area. It seems pretty obvious to me that to fix this I will...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks