Search results

1. isabelle

Help choose water filtration systems for new house on drilled well

Not sure if tagging works on this site, but worth a try to tag @ditttohead and @Bannerman, who come up in other posts.
  2. isabelle

Help choose water filtration systems for new house on drilled well

Hi, I would appreciate help choosing between two whole house water filtration systems quoted for a new construction home on a mountainside in Vermont. Water is from a drilled well. I have attached the water test results. The results show high iron, manganese, turbidity, odor, TDS and hardness...
  3. isabelle

Water analysis in Massachusetts

Hello, I now have a quote from Culligan for the chloramine removal: CULLIGAN HE 1.25 SERIES ACTIVATED CARBON FILTER including: 14”x 65” quad-hull filter tank, HE 1.25” series control valve with GBE Electronics, flow meter, bypass valve and 3.0 cubic feet of Centaur Catalytic Carbon for...
  4. isabelle

Hi, Yes, I have the report from the town, attached. Chlorine total is 2.83 in the town report (at home I've gotten test results between 1.6 and 2.6) Free chlorine is .84 Home hardness tests give me about 2ppm. I don't know why the first quote mentioned removing manganese and iron. I think I...
  5. isabelle

Hello, Thank you both for your replies. Here is the first recommendation I have obtained for a system: SS10-54-RevV4: Elements 1.5 cu. ft. Water Softener System to remove Manganese, Iron, Hardness. Elements 1.5 cube POE Activated Carbon Down-Flow Chlorine/Chloramine Water Removal Filter **...
  6. isabelle

Hello, Thank you for adding me to the forum. I have been trying to figure out our tap water situation (Lexington MA). A few weeks ago, we had to replace a water recirculating pump that was only a few years old, but that had seized up apparently due to a white deposit inside. I've had 2 local...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks