Search results

1. Maddog

15 year old Kinetico 30 getting loud ...

I have a Kinetico K-30 water softener that is about 15 years old, and lately it makes a loud humm when water is running in the house. You can feel the head of the unit vibrating when it hums, like there is a loose washer or something. Is there regular maintenance that should be done on this...
  2. Maddog

who dat?

Wow - the Saints sure looked good tonight. So, are we looking at a Saints vs. Colts Superbowl?
  3. Maddog

what's up with potassium chloride??

just got back from HD to pick up some potassium chloride for the water softener, and the price has almost doubled over night. It's $18.99 for a 40 lb bag!! It was under $10 the last time I bought some, a couple of months ago. I asked about it, and the guy said it was due to their supplier and...
  4. Maddog

Sprinkler zone wouldn't stop

Have a timer with 5 zones active. One of the zones would not stop this morning. Tried to stop sprinklers manually by turning off the timer, but water would not shut off. Had to turn off water to irrigation system to stop the sprinkler. Is this most likely a problem with the anti-siphon valve...
  5. Maddog

replacement dishwasher

12 year old GE dishwasher making strange noises - getting ready to replace. I have laminate + pad installed over vinyl flooring and the laminate was squeezed under the front legs of the dishwasher (with the front legs all the way up). I only have 33.5 inches for the height of the new...
  6. Maddog

can a bad mouse cord short-out a laptop?

Strange think happened last weekend. I have a 2 year old laptop, used mostly by my daughter, that went completely brain-dead. No power light (when power cord plugged-in) and the restart button did nothing. I took out the battery and put it back in - and it restarted!! I'm guessing there must...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks