Search results

1. JakeD

Sillcock connection question

thank you for the confirmation!
  2. JakeD

Sillcock connection question

I need to replace my sillcock. Am I looking at this wrong or did they solder directly onto a threaded piece? It's a Nibco 90 which is threaded. Thanks in advance!
  3. JakeD

Solder leak

Thanks John. Will do it the proper way.
  4. JakeD

Solder leak

I added an automatic water shut off valve system to my home. I added a bypass as well in case of any issues with the valve. All has been great for about 9 months. Temperatures have plunged and now I see a small drip leak coming from one of the solders. I know the proper way is to undo the...
  5. JakeD

Soldering question

Hello, and thanks for the advice in advance. I've always wanted to solder my pipes but I lived in a top unit of an apt building and I opted for a plumber to do it then for liability purposes. (Thanks for that advice). I live in a single family home now and want to install a smart water...
  6. JakeD

Bar sink Drain

Thanks guys. This bar sink is in a bar center and i'm wondering if there is another opening at the bottom of the bar center which is what they're talking about. i wonder if that opening under the sink is smaller than the 1-1/2" needed for the drain. Is that possible?
  7. JakeD

Bar sink Drain

Looking for your advice guys. I have a new bar sink that I purchased and it's going to be on my deck. The drain assembly that i purchased is this one (https://www.keeneymfg.com/system/cad_drawings/1003/original/K5421.pdf?1378927726). My contractor/plumber insists that the bottom is too small...
  8. JakeD

Adding a whole house water filter....

I ended up getting a plumber to do it and he did a great job. Wanted to show you guys.
  9. JakeD

Thanks Reach4. Yeah I'm going to have a pressure gauge before and after so I can see the pressure drop. I do have city water. I ended up going with 3M SST1HA because I wanted steel and my space is limited. It uses smaller filters (10x2.5) but the flow is still 8gpm. I don't think my condo...
  10. JakeD

i've found that it's very specific to the filter used. some are rated way worse (gallons per minute). i'm going to make sure that mine are at least 5gpm. A lot of smaller micron filters are rated at 1 gpm or less.
  11. JakeD

Thanks for your advice dj2 and Reach4. I will most likely go ahead with a plumber then. I am definitely installing a bypass valve. Thanks again!
  12. JakeD

I live in the top floor of a multi unit townhouse and I'm looking to install a whole house water filter. The main line coming in is copper but it's connected to PEX in the wall. I'm a little hesitant to desolder anything because I don't want to melt the PEX. I was thinking of maybe using cool...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks