Search results

1. JRC3

7000 SXT Low Brine Fill / Slow Brine Draw

It got regenerated yesterday afternoon and the night before while I was testing the fill and draw, I also did it to restore the capacity. And After contemplating and looking at old notes, I must've got confused on thinking I normally did 8 min BF. My target was 8 lbs, and normally did that...
  2. JRC3

I checked all of those and then completely took them out of the loop and went directly to a bucket. OK, installed the white injector and am getting proper brine fill. Then I reinspected the violet injector with a magnifier and it looks perfect except for a little rust discoloration. There are...
  3. JRC3

Cam is perfect. And yes I did manually push the valve with a screwdriver as it was BFing. The tone of the water passing through changed a bit, but no noticeable change in flow. I am 100% sure the valve is in perfect shape. I took it apart and checked that the rubber seal wasn't moving...
  4. JRC3

Yes, I actually separated all 3 pieces of the injector. I also cut a bristle from a dish brush and cleaned the injector orifice. I might try installing my extra white injector to see what happens. Wish I'd though of that when testing everything. With the BLFC removed I'm only getting about...
  5. JRC3

I debated posting in this thread because it's a year old, but basically the same problem and I worked through the same steps. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/fleck-7000-sxt-brine-fill-fails.80581/ I also used two Pentair Youtube teardown vids. Details: 1 cuft /32K BLFC: .250...
  6. JRC3

Cycle sensor to detect burst pipe.

I'm gonna let you guys in on a secret...There is a seller with some used Smartenit controllers on ebay for $50. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Smartenit-4040B-ZBMLC30-Home-Automation-Metering-Dual-Load-Controller/132197818500 I'm thinking real hard about trying one.
  7. JRC3

Cycle sensor to detect burst pipe.

I have Samsung Smartthings doing home monitoring, lighting, etc. I just put three water sensors on the system and will eventually add one of these https://smartenit.com/product/zbmlc30/ to my well. I want it to monitor the well as well as shut the well off if a leak is detected. It's been a...
  8. JRC3

Rusted and Leaking Top Well Casing

Parts: Below. I cheaped out on the pump. I want to see what's down there and maybe have it serviced for future use. I'm also one person in the house with a CSV and figure this pump should last at least 5 years. Old groundhog burrow right next to casing...Little bastard ched the feed wire...
  9. JRC3

Talked to the next door neighbor who still knows both the last owners and she asked and the pump was probably done in the early 90s. That doesn't mean it wasn't done after that considering it had a 20G PT and a 10G (old one sitting next to it) before that. Dropped a string with some chain...
  10. JRC3

Hey, guys... I noticed this thing looked a little sketchy a year or so ago and I decided to put the hose on it and sure enough it's leaking. I dug it last weekend and have confirmed the problem. I have a few questions. 1. They did not have the 2 wire 230v pump grounded, could that cause...
  11. JRC3

Zoeller sump pump short cycling

Zoeller switches go bad. They either stick on and dry-run for weeks. or they stick off like yours. Even if you toggle it and it seems to work properly, it will fail it again. I've seen replacement switches online for $25-40. If the pump is crucial I'd replace the whole pump. Maybe buy an...
  12. JRC3

New to well systems help

I hope all that bleach wasn't put into your septic. Best bet is to flush the bleach out of an outdoor spigot or if your lucky enough to have a dry well.
  13. JRC3

Dishwasher wiring all of a sudden overheats and melts

I had to add this and resurrect this thread... OK, I bought this foreclosure to live in and have done tons, and still needs tons of work. Moved in last Labor Day and have done without a dishwasher since. So I installed an OK LG dishwasher today and found this in the crawlspace feeding the...
  14. JRC3

I can hear water running (percolating) in my master bath sinks when my softener regenerates - help?

You could even take out that pedestal sink and put in a cabinet to hide things if you need too. You have plenty of room, especially for one of those compact styles they make now. This would hide the wye tailpiece and anything you have to cut from the wall for access...Plus storage. Something...
  15. JRC3

I can hear water running (percolating) in my master bath sinks when my softener regenerates - help?

I saw that vent like that in other pics as well. Maybe the check-valve in the line to the sewer has something to do with it. Others had ball valves on that line too. IDK, the real plumbers will know best.
  16. JRC3

Cool part is that you're in a garage so if anything malfunctioned the damage would be minimal at the most. I guess what I'm getting at is the unit doesn't have to be a big fancy one...
  17. JRC3

Is that the master bath sink in question? If so then luckily you don't have a vent problem.
  18. JRC3

The 7000 does most of those diagnostics. Maybe not as easily. FR Flow Rate Displays the current outlet flow rate PF Peak Flow Rate Displays the highest flow rate measured since the last regeneration HR Hours in Service Displays the total hours that the unit has been in service (Since last...
  19. JRC3

Take a pic of how your softener drains. Personally, I'd suspect a toilet or something else causing the problem and the softener noise is just a result. But who knows at this point.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks