Search results

1. Raucina

The best effluent pumps??

Looking at Zoeller, the 57 models for pumping from a septic settling tank. I found the all cast unit with float installed for 183$ delivered. Thats not much more than the big box stores junque, so I am a little sceptical. I had a myers [I think] and a Dayton in the past that worked well...
  2. Raucina

Niagara flapperless - whats the deal?

Discovered this toilet with a internal trough that flips to dump water and was intrigued.... NO sweating and NO flapper. Then a search brought me to a very detailed toilet test done by a government agency. I recall the first three best as Toto ultramaxes, and then this Niagara flapperless -...
  3. Raucina

Water lines plugged with crud... now what?

Have a mobile home rental, galvanized pipe under, and all the fixtures are gumming up with junk that looks to be flakes from inside that pipe. Replaced the well about a year ago, and the water supply is clean, Did a few rounds of chlorination to clean the sys, and at that time had to clean a...
  4. Raucina

Gunshots down a well?

My Uncle chlorinated his stinky well on a Wisconsin lake house, then everything plugged up. Its a hand driven sand point. So he called the well guy out who crawled under the house and blasted a few pistol shots down the hole. That was a year ago and he still has water. Smells better too. Is...
  5. Raucina

Where to hang the submersible?

I have a hard rock well about 700' deep. Steel cased for 40' only. The static water level is at 145'. The well is said to produce 4GPM. I will pump up a hill to a 3,000 gallon tank and use level controls for a drawdown of about 1,000 gallons. The elevation change will give about 60psi at the...
  6. Raucina

The $$$ cost of water

I have a choice of water at $1,000 hookup and then $13.50 a month forever for standby, and about $35.00 for the first 7,000 gallons monthly. Incrementally higher after that. Or to drill a well in a very "iffy" area for 10 to 20 thousand. I guess the water system is the best bet, but what are...
  7. Raucina

Hit a geyser - 35GPM over the casing

My friend just drilled 700' and hit the mother lode. Its a 6" well and its got 35 GPM spilling out the casing. It has only 20 foot of 6" casing [PVC] grouted into granite, and the well driller advised the owner NOT to cap it and use the pressure instead of a pump, he worries that the pressure...
  8. Raucina

air blowing OUT of well

I have a fairly new well of a high rated capacity. Its 6" with casing 40' all in hard rock, local greenstone and fractured quartz. 165' deep. 50 GPM, about 40 feet to water. 1hp submersible pump, maybe 15-20 GPM. I fitted a small sintered bronze air filter to a 1/2" hole in the well cap...
  9. Raucina

Radiant heat pump sizing

Can anyone advise on feet of head required to push water through PEX [poly] tubing, 1/2" ? I want about 1 to 3 gallons per minute through EACH of [4] 300 foot loops in a slab. There are 4 ball valves that can isolate each zone, so at times only one or two zones are open. When all 4 zones...
  10. Raucina

Pump spec help.....

Goulds pump for sale 395$ . Model #18LS15412 says 11 stage 1.5 Hp 3 wire. New- old stock. Is this a good pump and can it provide a few gallons from 400-500 foot pump depth? Cannot find specs on line. Found a similar one for 895$ Opinions on the deal?
  11. Raucina

PC dvd player software decoder ??

Bought a Panasonic dvd do it all drive with Nero software to replace my CD-ROM. Lo and behold Panasonic didn't include a decoder on the Nero disc so video dvd will not play... Nero wants 89 bucks for the upgrade - really criminal behaviour it seems. It is a Gateway Pentium 4 PC but has no...
  12. Raucina

Wayne and Flotec pumps quality?

e bay has many Re-furbished submersibles and new Flotec pumps with control box for 139$ and up. Way south of half normal costs and perhaps less than the Franklin motors that seem to be on them. Since some are refurbished we can guess that there is some issues with them or that they sell at...
  13. Raucina

Restoring an old deep well-many mysteries

I have aquired an old gold mining property on a steep hillside that has what appears to have been a good well. No action in 30 years.There is little information available except that hung in the hole is a Jaquizzi 1.5 hp 2 wire pump. Owner says its 650' deep. Believes the static water level is...
  14. Raucina

Maximum length of PE pipe in a well?

I cannot find any information on the maximum length of poly pipe and its recommened pressure rating in a deep well. Any charts to show this? Thinking about 400 or 500 feet of 1" pipe. Very much trying to avoid the 20' sticks of schedule 80 plastic with SS joints in vogue around here. Are 500'...
  15. Raucina

pump wires inside the supply piping?

I have to pioneer some 1" black poly pipe through a canyon and hillside that even a dozer will not approach - in this mountain climate, freezing is short and light, the pipe will be on the surface and soon covered by leaves and debri. Chatting with my well driller, he said he has seen the wires...
  16. Raucina

I hate !$*&#@ bladder tanks!

What is your experience with the sears captive air tanks? [or thers] For me, they blow out every 3 years on schedule [the internal bag] even with air pressure maintenance. THEN, all the slop and sludge and goop from the cheap, unlined tank blows into your system, wrecking the clean piping. I...
  17. Raucina

Booster pump erratic operation-Help!

I thought I knew a bit about pumps, but I am stumped. Well water is fed to a 3000 gallon tank, then feeds to a distribution building via 2" pvc pipe. No filters or restrictions in feed line outside of a valve and checkvalve. A Myers [8stage?] horizontal booster pump, 1hp then feeds a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks