Search results

1. Tameria11

Toto Drake squeaking and filling up to much

Hi Installed a Toto Drake 3 weeks ago. when I flush a get a very loud squeak, and it squeaks at the end of filling as well. Also the water in the tank fills to much sometimes and goes down the center drain tube, this leaves the toilet running. Not sure how to adjust would appreciate some advice...
  2. Tameria11

crawlspce( unheated but insulated) installing waterlines and drains

Hi Have not been here for 3/4 years. Glad it is still going strong. I have had to buy home ( separated!) I have a partial basement where my main comes in and my stack is there as well. I am remodeling Kit and Bath and need to know how to insulate lines in an unheated dirt crawl space. I move...
  3. Tameria11

help on corner custom shower

Hi We could not fit a nice shower down our stairs so we are going custom, 40wideX54long in a corner, the guy said we should build a pony wall 36 high by 2X6's.( can we use 2x4's I think that will look a little boxy, we want an open look. We need a pivot door because at the end of the shower we...
  4. Tameria11

pony wall for custom shower??help

Hi We could not fit a nice shower down our stairs so we are going custom, 40wideX54long in a corner, the guy said we should build a pony wall 36 high by 2X6's.( can we use 2x4's I think that will look a little boxy, we want an open look. We need a pivot door because at the end of the shower we...
  5. Tameria11

new toilet for

basement bathroom reno. I am thinking about the ToTo Ultramax 1 piece elongated MS854114S. I did not order yet because not sure if the sani glaze is woth the extra cost, almost $200. more in Canada. Thoughts, suggestions would be valued at this time. I would like to order by Tuesday Feb 26...
  6. Tameria11

Exhaust fan in basement for

new bathroom, or is window all I need. I will lose a lot of ceiling height and have to go through the foundation to install a fan. Is an open window enough to get the moisture out of the basement bathroom. It has a shower and sink and toilet only. Thanks Dave
  7. Tameria11

water line in basement wall (Freezing)

I am going through the concrete floor slab Friday in my basement bathroom to set up drain locations, The bathroom is located in the S/E corner which has two outside walls. I was always told never run waterlines on the outside walls. My plumber came by yesterday and said if I frame the walls...
  8. Tameria11

water line on exterior wall

Hello First, I would like to thank everyone that has been helpful to my questions so far, Great stuff. Do to our restricted layout, I will be forced to run water lines through my exterior wall in the basement for our new bathroom. I want to drywall the ceiling to keep some height, how do you...
  9. Tameria11

rough in or frame first

Hi Should I frame in my bathroom or do the rough in first, I have heard 2 opinions so far, one says rough in first, one says frame in walls first? Thanks Dave
  10. Tameria11

direction of sewer line in basement??

Hi I used this forum a lot a few years back and completed an upstairs bath reno. Now the basement. How can I be sure which direction my sewer line is running out of the basement. My main stack is 24 inches off the south basement wall. 15 feet towards the west basement wall I have a clean out (...
  11. Tameria11

pipes clanging

Hi Have not been here for a while. Just starting another project. Recently when the washer or dishwasher or taps are turned on I hear a load clunking, clanging sound further down the water pipes. I opened all the faucets to let air out but still have the banging pipes. It's driving me...
  12. Tameria11

basement cement removal

Hello Its been a while since my last visit :o We have finished the main floor bath ( pics to come) and now we are pricing the big bath downstairs. It has an elevated shower, sink and toiliet all on wood platforms :eek: We would like to begin by pricing out a concrete tear out, and plumbibg...
  13. Tameria11

Question about basement plumbing

We have an above concrete toilet and shower in the basement in the home we bought. I would like to install a proper shower, bath and toilet. How Do you know if you can break the floor and have enough room for plumbing I will be calling a plumber for the work, however I prefer to know before they...
  14. Tameria11

Delta tub spout leaking

Hi We have recently finished a bathroom reno( pics soon Terry) and bought the Delta Rythym collection. When I pull the tub diverter spout to force water up to our rain shower a fair amount of water continues to be forced out of tub spout. I contacted Delta, they sent me a new tub spout within...
  15. Tameria11

glue on plaster walls four feet up ...

Hi we are redoing our kitchen (plumbing to be addressed on the other forum). Our kitchen had a 4 foot wainscott border of cheap t/g pine. My wife and I both disliked the look. When I removed it (easy) we found adhesive from a previouse tile job. Very rough swirls all over the place. Is there a...
  16. Tameria11

Thanks to all

:) We have basically finished our first reno on our first bathroom. I will post a before and after pic soon if that is ok :D. Thank you to all. Terry our ToTo Supreme is working great, never seen a toilet work so well!!! On to bathroom #2 (soon, maybe after summer) Dave
  17. Tameria11

New TOTO gurgles when

flushed, just installed today, need suggestions Help Dave :confused:
  18. Tameria11

To tile or not to tile, That is

Question, we are installing a new 24" vanity beside our new ToTo and I'm having a 4' tile wainscot installed around from the tub. Should I tile behind the vanity and drill in to the porcelin or leave it just with the primed waterproof drywall, also the floor, should it be tiled underneath the...
  19. Tameria11

offset flange , should it be...

set on the rhinoboard floor or on top of the finished tile. I thought it should go on the floor before the tile, but than I read some where that this is incorrect I finally reciecved a ToTo Ultimate elongated,7 weeks!!! Please advise the best way to install an offset flange. We waited so long...
  20. Tameria11

help with a TOTO!!!

Hello I am having great problems getting my TOTO in Canada through Craig Plumbing, Thunder Bay, Ontario I ordered an elongated Ultimate, couldn't get it, they replaced it with an elonged Supreme, they sent a round one, Now they want to send me a elongated bristol. I can't find it in Terry's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks