Search results

1. FrankBranch

Low clearance toilet drain

It’s in, got the clearance in the ceiling and back wall. Used a 4” street closet flange and a Otaey clamp on closet flange, came out looking pretty good. First two images are the old work, last is the new. Thanks for all the great suggestions and guidance.
  2. FrankBranch

I went with the outside compression, was concerned that the inside barbed versions required more length in the spigot end than I would have available. Going to have a bunch of extra parts, being in a rural area a trip to a supply house eats a good chunk of a day, so I always buy extra. Thanks...
  3. FrankBranch

Correct, it includes the underlayment / vinyl finish floor. Plan to upgrade that at some point in time, but not now. I measured it via sticking a tape measure through the hole left by an earlier CPVC supply line.
  4. FrankBranch

I would love to buy you a beer or two or three. Just wish I had a good plumber I could call who would actually show up sober. Anyway, sounds like the spigot closet bend is the best shot, will also get some parts for a plan B and modify as we go along.
  5. FrankBranch

Here’s my arithmetic C/L of fitting to bottom of hub - 3 1/16” C/L of pipe to outside of mating hub (3 ½” / 2 + 0.218” hub thickness) = 1.968” Assuming that the C/L of the fitting and the pipe are the same, the distance from the outside of the hub on the drain pipe to the bottom of the fitting...
  6. FrankBranch

Thanks! Do they make a closet flange that has a clear center that slips over the 4” spigot end? Could basically slide it down till the flange was on the floor, then cut the spigot end off flush? What kind of grief would I get into using a vent 90 with a spigot closet flange? Are there issues...
  7. FrankBranch

Great thoughts folks! So I ran some numbers, they are based on Charlotte DWV fittings since they had a fairly comprehensive catalog with dimensions. I assumed an installation where the hub connecting to the 3” drain line was flush against the underside of the floor, then calculated where either...
  8. FrankBranch

The shower has a P-trap of sorts (shower is on a raised platform, drain runs horizontal about 4’, trap is made out of 4 - 90 degree L’s. Not sure about the vent, haven’t opened that up yet. Lavatory has a P-trap underneath, separate vent to outside. It’s the only separate vent, everything else...
  9. FrankBranch

Believe this is the Y y’all are suggesting to tie the sink into the line from the toilet: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Spears-P601-337-3-x-3-x-1-1-2-PVC-DWV-Wye Here is the rest of the plumbing. Trying to compress the drain lines to a 4” wide region along the wall. Still trying to figure out how...
  10. FrankBranch

Thanks, Wayne! Good to see you refer to SupplyHouse - love those folks, easy to navigate site, huge selection, great service, reasonable service. You refer to a “quarter bend” - is that an elbow like this: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Spears-P300-030-3-PVC-DWV-90-Elbow Will try to post another...
  11. FrankBranch

Here’s a sketch of the floor, it’s a stack of 1” T&G poplar with OSB on top, total thickness is 1 ¾”. I have no idea if the current work is to code, we live in a very rural area (no code / inspection) and the folks that call themselves “plumbers” out here really do little to advance the craft...
  12. FrankBranch

We live in a log home with a finished loft. At some point a bathroom was added to the loft, the waste drain is plumbed with 3” PVC pipe, with the flange screwed to the subfloor. I believe the plumber used an inside flange, since the toilet is very hard to set due to the horn tending to interfere...
  13. FrankBranch

Pump advice

In thinking further, seems like a cycle stop valve functions (and looks) more like a pressure regulator. Couple of hardware configuration questions for the forum: - The photo that was posted shows the check valve on the pump output, ours is on the input. Which location is preferred, or does it...
  14. FrankBranch

Pump advice

Thanks, the check valve is indeed a flapper type, mounted vertically. I replaced this valve last year, the old one jammed open. Can you suggest a brand for a spring loaded check valve? What are some good brands of pumps for this application?
  15. FrankBranch

Pump advice

We have a bit unusual water situation here, our water comes from a spring fed from a lake in a cave. The cave / spring is located in the limestone bluffs behind the house. Our setup consists of a concrete spring box feeding a 2" line that runs down the hillside to a pump house. Inside the house...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks