Search results

1. MI Well Drilling

Flat or twisted cable for deep well pump

TMI Use what you bought and tape it every 10 feet. If you're worried about the wire you bought and it's not to far down use something to cover it with. I've seen people use old garden hose and tape it every 10 feet. Not very often but I've seen it.
  2. MI Well Drilling

Rash of bad square D presure switches

I had major issues with Square D with the diaphragm leaking. Two brand new wells right next door to each other and both had leaks. Needless to say I looked like a idiot. I also had trouble a couple years ago with the adjustment for the high end. We have a lot of 115 volt pumps around here and...
  3. MI Well Drilling

Pitless Adapter Fitting Question

If you're just changing the adapter go with brass. The pipe coming to your tank inside should tell you what size adapter you're going to be dealing with outside. Make sure you have a brass insert coupling and a spare piece of poly before tackling the project. Hopefully the leaking fitting comes...
  4. MI Well Drilling

Help with well issues

Sounds like the regulator is open to far. Follow the pipe from the tank up to the pump that should be where the regulator is located. Well men have a knack for hearing the pump cavitate but you may just try turning the bolt or screw clockwise 3 full turns then try creating the problem. If your...
  5. MI Well Drilling

Need help ID'ing the well/casing Please!

They will but at a very rich list price. To bad beer pro isn't closer to my Barry county location because I have the pump he needs setting on my shelf brand new that I've been wiping the dust off for 2 months.
  6. MI Well Drilling

You don't need to put a jet kit on it because the jet for your well is down inside the 2 inche well already. A deep well pump is what you need. If it froze it's very possible that the jet will be plugged. Blow air down the center of the casing adapter after removing the pump and let your air...
  7. MI Well Drilling

Low water pressure on well system

Try connecting a garden hose up to the boiler drain near the pressure tank and see how the water comes out. If the pressure is good start looking for plugged softener head or a filter like the other man said. The existing 2 year old tank is doable may as well keep using it
  8. MI Well Drilling

Wellman has it spot on. You could plumb a single stage horizontal pump on there but if you can swing get yourself a vertical Gould to bolt right on. What part of Michigan are you in? I have a cabin in Gaylord and could possibly give you a hand. Gonna cost you some of that beer that you're...
  9. MI Well Drilling

Water pressure trouble shooting

Red jacket pumps are famous for stripped shafts. You may be money ahead getting rid of that tank even though it's not very old. Pentair tanks are as famous as red jacket for being junk.
  10. MI Well Drilling

Please help! Had well repaired now water wont clear

What size well do you have? Jet pump systems have a foot valve. Submersible systems have line check valves. Sounds to me like whatever system you have there's still a check valve issue. Might try adding a line check above ground
  11. MI Well Drilling

Well Pump help

A project like this should have a pro involved. You could hurt yourself and ruin the well all together. I've tried helping people install the menards pumps and they're junk. If your current pump is a vertical pump please post a picture because it may have a take away motor. Therfore you may be...
  12. MI Well Drilling

Pump keeps loosing prime, lots of air

Moving water with make that swishing noise your hearing. Try hooking a pitcher pump directly to the new line you ran to the pump. Have you been getting plenty of water? How did the well pump before you started having trouble.
  13. MI Well Drilling

Well pump gauge jump while pressurizing

Maybe I read something wrong but if the water pressure on the gauge reads the same as the air at the top of the tank than there is no pressurized air above the bladder. Shut off the pump run the water and when the water stops check tank air. Leave the faucet on while putting air in. If air...
  14. MI Well Drilling

Pump and / or well question?

I've got my rubber boots on again. Make it easier on yourself and put it back where it currently is. Shot in the dark but let's hope it's a check valve issue. Have you noticed any air in the lines?
  15. MI Well Drilling

Pump keeps loosing prime, lots of air

Your not going to want to hook it at the well permanent. 1 inch poly 160 psi is used a lot in my area for suction even 100 psi is fine. For now don't bother with a foot valve on the end hose clamps fight tight inside of 2 inch pipe. Just cut it at a slight angle to avoid plugging it off on the...
  16. MI Well Drilling

I forgot to mention. Get rid of the Flotec tank before it causes more trouble. Most of them are junk from the box.
  17. MI Well Drilling

It is very possible that the pump has a crack in it or there is a leak below the top check valve. Therfore it would hold pressure while you were at work but when the pump runs the leak or crack is stirring the well up. It would also cause the pressure gauge to stall if you will because the leak...
  18. MI Well Drilling

Well pump gauge jump while pressurizing

Sounds to me like a bad gauge and a weak spot in the bladder of the tank. I've seen them act just like that expecially well xtrol 203
  19. MI Well Drilling

2-wire vs 3-wire pumps

I had to put on rubber boots just to read all of the replies. I don't know all the electric mumbo-jumbo but I do know that a 3 wire pump is a lot quieter than a 2 wire. In my experience in the past 20 years I've ran into a old timers installation that had a control box mounted inside with a...
  20. MI Well Drilling

May I leave my lake water pressure tank out over winter?

Sprinkler guys leave them out and well guys fix them. Job security I guess. Cycle stop on a menards shallow well pump that runs all the time while irrigating? Come on! The original post ask if he could leave his perfectly good pressure tank outside so a snowmobile could hit it not a performance...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks