Search results

1. LuckyDog

760' deep well with 9' static head, 1 gpm, 40 ft of casing

I used a level and tripod as a makeshift transit (theodolite) and a tall friend to measure the physical head from CSV to pressure gauge. Turns out 10 or 11 ft. is about correct. Ran the water for a spell at full open and the pump running. Not long, just long enough to flush the line if needed...
  2. LuckyDog

Plan on going up to the house this weekend. Maybe I can take some time and test some more. I'll post results when I get them. Just to clarify, I know I was doing a little better than 10 gpm when the pump turns on and the static level is 9 - 18 ft below the well head. By the time I am full open...
  3. LuckyDog

I'm guessing; 'bout 10 ft. Haven't measured it. It is what it is. Guess the question is: live with it or change it out for a 60 psi one knowing I'm losing about 10 psi between the csv and tank?
  4. LuckyDog

Update on my well. We set the Gould 7GS07 3-wire pump 300 feet below the pit-less adapter. A 50 psi CSV125 is about 18" below the pit-less. The FloTec is working fine for now. No bad smell for now. Tried to run the well dry the first day. With a hose attached to the boiler drain at the tank...
  5. LuckyDog

Thank you all for your guidance. Parts are on order. Luckily I am only using the system for a hose bib right now. I will be installing filters and approptiate softener before I feed the house. That is a year or two off yet. I'll watch for Flotec smell. I can assume it'll smell like moldy vinyl?
  6. LuckyDog

Trying to decide if I should start a new thread or continue here..... The question: Should I or can I use a Dole valve with a CSV? Reading the IOM manual for the 7GS07412 submersible pump. The manual states, "Any well with a high static water level may allow the pump to operate off the curve...
  7. LuckyDog

Sand repeatedly getting into well

From working in another industry that had a saying (down in the ranks), "If you can't beat 'em; Buy 'em"; this is what I know about that conglomerate. Some products get re-branded. We had identical products with different part numbers for the two (or more) companies. You never know which parts...
  8. LuckyDog

Circut Breaker Trips - Pump Wire Short, Bad Pressure Tank, or Well Running Out of Water?

Thank you Biddle for the final report. It bugs me when I read a thread to the end and there is no conclusion.
  9. LuckyDog

Haven't looked. Not worried about it at this time. I won't move in for another 4 years. It is mainly a primitive camp / place for me to go do real work for now. I am mainly doing the well so I can have the floor poured for the radiant heat. It all has to get done eventually. I just look at...
  10. LuckyDog

Probably should have said, I CAN run 10GPM until the well level goes below 100 FT. I know the flow is dependent on the outlet device / fixture. My wife is an RN and washes her hands A LOT. Less than a gallon each time, but so frequently. lol, That is why I am putting a union coupler on the...
  11. LuckyDog

I figure with a CSV-1A, I will be running 10GPM for the first 150 gallons. That is a pretty long shower. lol, I was given two tanks because previous owners upgraded to larger tanks. The Flotec still holds air fine. (and the bladder is replaceable) The Well-X-Trol has a small leak and can't be...
  12. LuckyDog

When we hit 760 feet, he showed me that it was flowing 1 GPM. (using the air from the drill rig to pump) There were a couple of spots where the drill dropped liked it had hit a cavity or sand pocket, but no joy for water. I am pretty sure that I have a lot more water available than 1.5 gal/ft...
  13. LuckyDog

So the subject is my new well at my NH house I am building. According to NH DES, I need (they recommend?) a minimum of 600 gallons of water within a two hour period once each day. According to their table, I can achieve this by setting a pump at 360'...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks