Search results

1. TCP

Help with a Caroma toilet with different drain

Hey guys and gals. My mother in law bought a place and I just noticed her toilet had a small leak when flushed. I have changed a few toilets in my life but have never seen or changed one of these.... The brand is Caroma and I don't even know what this piece is called or what's involved. Is...
  2. TCP

TOTO Legato install question.

Hello I just installed a TOTO Legato toilet which has that plastic unifit adapter with the rubber diaphragm. My question is when I set the toilet it seems to have only pushed down on the ring and I'm not sure if it's set correctly. I did hear and feel a small pop like it set but when I look...
  3. TCP

Boiler pressure changing. Can someone explain why this is happening

So I have hot water heat. I was doing some pre season checks. System coldand off is at 12psi as set by the automatic fill. I have an isolation valve on my expansion tank with a drain so I can test bladder pressure. So here is where it gets strange for me. The system is cold and not running...
  4. TCP

Looking to replace this old thermostat.

Looking to replace this old thermostat. One line has what appears to be 24 volts. Is this a low voltage direct replacement?
  5. TCP

Mounting a flat vessel?

So I'm looking to install a flat bottom vessel sink. I still need to have the countertop made and wasn't sure what size hole to have them drill. Laying the vessel on a flat surface I can see about 3/8 gap from the counter to the bottom of the drain hole. Do I install the pop up drain and...
  6. TCP

Can you tell me if my new boiler is running normal?

Recently I had a new boiler installed in my home. Today I started the boiler and noticed a few things and was wondering if it was normal. The boiler is a williamson gwa-140-n-t series 2 natural gas boiler. I have baseboard radiation heating two zones and a small fan coil unit in the garage...
  7. TCP

Need help with BTU Boiler size

Hey guys I'm looking to replace my very very old boiler this year. I've been in the house for a few years now and its time. Looking for some advice on size and model of boiler. Looking to do it myself, I have piping experience so connections arent a problem. Just looking for some direction...
  8. TCP

High pressure spikes in domestic water.

Hey members, so after installing a PRV I noticed I'm getting huge spikes of pressure whenever a toliet flushes or washing machine runs and stops BEFORE my PRV. I probably was getting these spikes before but now I have the gauge to see them. So with my install I put gauges before and after my...
  9. TCP

How much expansion should I see when my HW heater is running?

So I installed a PRV today and bumped the pressure down to 50psi. I also precharged the expansion tank to 50psi before filling the system. When the HW heater is running the pressure climbed to 60psi. Now my PRV has a 10psi backflow feature, meaning if the pressure is 10 psi greater than what...
  10. TCP

Does my PRV setup need a backflow preventer?

Hey looking to install a PRV in my home but not sure if I need a backflow preventer. I get around 80-90 psi street pressure coming into the home. Looking to put in a PRV and drop it to around 50-60psi. However, when the sprinklers go off it drops to around 60psi coming into the house (had a...
  11. TCP

Looking to install a PRV

Hey so I've been in my home a little over a year and been meaning to put in a PRV. I have street pressure of 80 lbs and I think it spikes sometimes to 90 or so. I left a pressure gauge with the needle that shows the maximum pressure it reached on a hose bib overnight. I dont have much room to...
  12. TCP

Question about hot water boiler, baseboard always hot

So I have a very old hot water boiler on a two story house with no basement. Lately its been rather warm out so there is no call for heat from the thermostat upstairs but some of my baseboard is still hot. Thus making a few rooms very warm. In the boiler room the pump for that zone is cold so...
  13. TCP

Do I need to create more of a electrical break for the hot water heater?

So I replaced my gas fired water heater earlier this year, everything is running fine but I read somewhere that I still more than the dialectics that came with the heater? And also that the dialectic unions at the big box stores are no good (the thin plastic is not enough to stop the current...
  14. TCP

Boiler resting question.

So this year I'm starting up my boiler for the first time. Its a very old hot water boiler (installed in 1968) which I plan to replace next year. My low limit was set to 120 and hi to 180, two zones and home is a Hi-ranch no basement. Initial pressure before start was like 12psi and once the...
  15. TCP

1/2 supply gas then 3/4 ?!

16. TCP

Dryer vent and wax ring

So when I had had contractors at my home several months back I noticed they ran my new dryer vent right next to a toliet drain pipe by the flange on the floor below. At the time it didnt register but now when I run the dryer I noticed the floor upstairs around the toilet is very warm. Is this...
  17. TCP

Gas line sizing question for stove

Hey guys I have a question about gas piping for a stove. We ordered a new samsung stove and in the manual it says to buy a 1/2 in ID flex connection hose. At the big box store I only found 1/2 OD which would give me a smaller ID. They did also sell a larger 5/8 OD but the threads were 3/4. I...
  18. TCP

Question about expansion tank, PRV and BFP

Hey guys new to the forum and new to home ownership! Recently my hot water heater went and I installed a new one. Upon testing my system pressure I found it to be 80psi. I left a gauge overnight on my hose bib and found it spiked up to 90 at one point. I checked for a BFP and found one on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks