Search results

1. Do It Myself

Pressure Valve Blow Off

The service man came and he went through the system. He said everything was all set and the tankless coil gasket would expand and the leak would go away once the furnace was up to temp. It did. He said he could change it for the cost of 500-800 dollars or do it myself in the spring. It was the...
  2. Do It Myself

Pressure Valve Blow Off

It was totally full of water. Probably weighed at least 40lbs.
  3. Do It Myself

Pressure Valve Blow Off

That's the plan. But no heat now. Probably shouldn't run it due to the leak. I don't want to do any unnecessary damage. I just had the thing serviced a few weeks ago.
  4. Do It Myself

Pressure Valve Blow Off

Well, now that I changed the tank and started the furnace, there is water leaking out of the tankless coil. I think it's the gasket and probably has been leaking for a while. From what I've read this could effect the pressure. When I started the boiler the PSI went from 15 to 25 in a mater of...
  5. Do It Myself

Pressure Valve Blow Off

Perfect! I'm going to get it now. Hopefully that will take care of the issue. Thanks!
  6. Do It Myself

Pressure Valve Blow Off

This is all that I can find near by. Same specs but I will have to call the store for the model #. https://www.hardwarestore.com/brands/amtrol-large-expansion-tank-7-6-gal.html#
  7. Do It Myself

Pressure Valve Blow Off

It is a bladder expansion tank and when I pressed on the air inlet fill valve a bunch of water came out. It's an AMTROL EX-60. I'm looking for a replacement. There is a stain on the ceiling so it probably has happened in the pass. Hot water was going to the new pump. The radiators in the...
  8. Do It Myself

Pressure Valve Blow Off

I cleaned the gauge. It reads 17 PSI now. But the pressure valve went off a couple more times. The specs on the furnace are: Maximum working pressures: Steam 15 PSI WATER 30 PSI
  9. Do It Myself

Pressure Valve Blow Off

Yes, as it should. But it's never done that until I installed the new circulator. I'm not sure which valve went off as there was a lot of water. It was one of the two at the top of the boiler.
  10. Do It Myself

Pressure Valve Blow Off

Hi there, I bought a used home last year and it has 7 heating zones each with a Taco 007 F4 circulator. The bedrooms are on one zone and the circulator was shut off when we bought the house. The owner said it was because there was a continuous loop causing the furnace to keep running so he just...
  11. Do It Myself

Water Softener Sizing

Any recommendations?
  12. Do It Myself

Water Softener Sizing

Can you provide a Fleck model that will do the job? Bigger the better so it's done right the first time.
  13. Do It Myself

Water Softener Sizing

So what would you recommend for a system that I can maintain and service myself?
  14. Do It Myself

Water Softener Sizing

So what would you recommend for a Fleck system and ozone option? This: Birm Iron Filter with 10" X 54" Tank & Fleck 2510SXT AIO Oxygen Chamber System Digital Control Valve?
  15. Do It Myself

Water Softener Sizing

I did as you suggested and had the water retested. The results are below. So now that we have been bypassing the filter for over two weeks our water is clearer and hasn't been getting nearly as yellow. But it does smell a bit metallic. Based on the tests would a Softener be advisable? What else...
  16. Do It Myself

Water Softener Sizing

We had a mitigation system put in. It's fine now.
  17. Do It Myself

Water Softener Sizing

So what about the extreme staining?
  18. Do It Myself

Water Softener Sizing

It's within limits.
  19. Do It Myself

Water Softener Sizing

It wasn't raw water. The home inspector drew it from the tap while the old system was in. The system I posted pictures of above in which it binds and stops and Culligan man said needed to be replaced. I had the water tested for radon and it doesn't have any radon in it so there is no need for...
  20. Do It Myself

Water Softener Sizing

Yes. This a new house and this test is from 2 months ago.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks