Search results

1. Fun2Learn

Bathroom sink faucets: ceramic cartridge vs. washerless cartridge;PVD nickel vs regular

Hello everyone. I need some advice regarding bathroom sink faucets. Basically, I would love feedback from you experienced plumbers (and plumbing enthusiasts!) about ceramic cartridges vs. washerless cartridges for lavatory faucets, as well as about PVD nickel finishes (over brass and/or other...
  2. Fun2Learn

Help! Broken flange that was resting on crumbling mortar, bolt down drain!!

Hi everyone. My dear husband removed one of our upstairs toilets that was rocking and had a slow leak (evidenced by staining of adjacent grout lines and ceiling below!) The plastic toilet flange was resting above the finished ceramic tile floor and was broken. The flange appears to be resting on...
  3. Fun2Learn

Is it the toilet or the drain/vent causing the constant clogging?

If only one toilet out of three in the house clogs constantly, and always has been the "problem child" for the 20 years we have lived here, should I assume it has a poorly designed drain and or vent system? Would a newer toilet with a powerful flushing system help overcome bad plumbing design...
  4. Fun2Learn

Thanks for all your help selecting a toilet!

Thanks for all your help selecting a toilet. I have been "geeking out" over toilets this past month---I never realized how complicated selecting a toilet has gotten since the newer low gpf requirements, and the chair-height vs standard vs round vs elongated options have become so prevalent!! I...
  5. Fun2Learn

Toto Drake 1.6 vs Toto Drake 1.28 vs. Toto Entrada (vs. AS Champion 4 max?)

I posted a few weeks ago about looking for a toilet under $200 , but am willing to go a bit over after reading lots of negative and/or mixed reviews of cheaper toilets. I am leaning towards one of these Toto's, all about the same price on Home Depot's site: Toto Drake 1.6 gal, Toto Drake 1.28...
  6. Fun2Learn

Best toilet about $200 or under? Prefer 1.6 gal (Can 1.28 gal. be converted to 1.6 gal?)

Hi everyone. Which toilets do you recommend that are $200 or, preferably, less, for a teens/guest bathroom (so a taller height is not that important). We have decided to replace the 28 year old American Standard toilet that has an unappealing, unremovable stain near the drain hole and a...
  7. Fun2Learn

What is leaking if ceiling below toilet shows water damage, but no water leaks show upstairs?

Hi. What could be causing a leak that only shows up underneath a toilet? It is probably a slow leak, as the only evidence of one is that the drywall is getting slightly bowed on the ceiling directly underneath the second floor toilet. It is gradually getting worse. There is no evidence of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks