Search results

1. DYI13

Pitless fell in well, now submersible is stuck--how much trouble am I in?

We had a well company come out to fix a leak in the pitless adapter inside our well. They recommended replacing it with a stainless steel one. When they tried to pull the old adapter into the well to lift it, it fell off and down the 150-foot well. It must have lodged itself between the well...
  2. DYI13

Well Circuit Breaker intermittently trips

Hello all, and thanks in advance for your advice! We've had problems with the well circuit breaker tripping for around 6 months. The first time it was because of a toilet running, and we replaced all of the toilet flappers. We've had a well company come out twice--the first time it was indeed...
  3. DYI13

Well water occasionally shuts off for a few seconds

Hello all, Maybe twice per week, during showers, the water shuts off for 5-8 seconds and then resumes. This just started over the past month or so. We got a new submersible well pump in 2008, and the pressure tank was there before that when we moved in. We ran the water and watched the...
  4. DYI13

Propane fireplace keeps going out.

I have an older non-vented Desa propane fireplace insert that was shutting off for no apparent reason. I replaced the OD sensor and it still kept happening. I took the insert out and tested it outside using my 20 lb grill propane tank and regulator. Worked fine. So maybe it's my house...
  5. DYI13

Hot water anode destroyed, PH and Hardness seem OK

I just changed the anode in my indirect hot water tank and as you can see from the photo, there's nothing left on the old one. It's been 11 months since I put a new one in. We have well water, a water softener, and a neutralizer. After being treated, the PH was 7.2 using our meter, around 6...
  6. DYI13

Neutralizer Material Level Unchanged After 7 Months--Channelling??

Back in October 2016, I vacuumed out the calcite from my 14 year old Kenmore Acid Neutralizer ( 625.348241) and refilled it with a magnesium oxide/calcite mineral (Master's NS mix) due to low PH (untreated was around 5.5). That did the trick, brought the PH to lab-tested 7.2. Now, 7 months...
  7. DYI13

Acid Neutralizer--Replace or Empty and Refill?

I have a 13 year old Kenmore Acid Neutralizer ( 625.348241) that has been working fine, but it now appears that the well water PH has dropped and the calcite mineral can no longer get the conditioned water PH up to 7.0. The treated water is at 6.4 (tested by a lab), and the untreated is around...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks