Search results

1. ballardFan

7500 ft private water line with 438 ft elevation drop - are my multiple PRVS causing water hammer?

I have a water line that is approximately 7500 feet long from the meter to my property. The meter is a 1.5" service. My line is 2" and is a mixture of 5400 ft HDPE, a small bit of sch 40, and about 2000ft sch 80 PVC at different points. Pressure at the meter is about 100 PSI. Over the 7500...
  2. ballardFan

Can’t couple sch 40 to sch 80 - sand it? Heat it?

I have a line repair 7 ft down in a vault. The outgoing pipe is what appears to be gray sch 80 2”. I need to couple it to a 2” schedule 40 pipe that is the incoming line. Previously there was some galvanized pipe and valves between the two types of pvc pipe. The sch40 to galv used a bronze...
  3. ballardFan

8800 ft water line down hill with low GPM flow

I have an existing 8800 ft long 1.5" water line coming off a 1.5" meter with a gradual elevation drop of 480 ft. The county says the meter provides 100GPM and 120 PSI at the top of the hill. I calculated the elevation drop adds roughly ~203 PSI extra. The first 8000 ft of line is 1.5" SDR9 PE...
  4. ballardFan

Venting toilet with Wye before first long turn 90 legal?

Is venting a toilet with a reducing Y before the first long turn 90 as show in the diagram legal in Seattle, King County, WA? Or would it fall into the "wet vent" category since the 2" part of the Wye could technically get debris etc in a backup? The vent I would be hooking into is a 2" vent...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks