Search results

1. Joshua5438

3 Way switch with feed at light

Hello, I am installing a 3 way switch where the feed comes into the light instead of the first switch. I will have a switch at two doors, 50 feet apart with 4 light fixtures between them. I have found a diagram online and it makes since but wanted to get opinions on if this is the best way...
  2. Joshua5438

Meter install inspection

My building permit expires in December and I would like to go ahead and get the meter installed. Just had a metal garage built. I have the meter can and main panel installed, back to back on an exterior wall. I am running 3/0 cu wire for 200amp service. #4 cu ground with 2 8ft ground rods. All...
  3. Joshua5438

200amp (3/0) power feed

I am installing a meter can and main panel on a metal building. This will be a 200amp service so I will be using 3/0 cu wire. I had originally planned to mount my main panel directly behind my meter can on the inside of my exterior wall. Feed the wire through a 2" nipple between the two...
  4. Joshua5438

Wet vent into utility/laundry sink

I know I cannot run the drain from a utility/laundry sink into the drain/vent for my bathroom sink but can I do the reverse? Run my bathroom sink drain into the drain/vent of my utility/laundry sink? Reason for asking... My shop will be on a small septic tank. My bathroom sink does not have...
  5. Joshua5438

MC Cable fitting

I know this will likely be a personal preference but I would like to know what your go to is for MC Connectors. I am looking at the Arlington SG38 and the Arlington SG38AST. I really do not want the press in connector where it makes it near impossible to remove the MC wire as I am sure I will...
  6. Joshua5438

Metal Garage Electrical Service

I am building a 30x50 metal garage. I am having a new 200amp meter installed for service. I am searching and looking for ideas on how to mount both the meter socket and the interior breaker panel. The two panels will be back to back. The metal building siding will be running horizontal if...
  7. Joshua5438

P-trap blockout

Is a 12" x 12" blockout a good size for a shower P Trap in a concrete slab? I was going to set the riser and cast concrete but it appears that's not the best idea? Once concrete is set and p trap installed, do I concrete it in, fill with sand or maybe pea gravel?
  8. Joshua5438

P-trap configuration

Can any please confirm this is the correct configuration for a 2" shower P Trap? I have looked online and see the configured in both directions. It seems to me the more 90 side should be the side the incoming water flows into.
  9. Joshua5438

150amp sub panel

I am looking to install a 150amp sub panel in my shop, once built. It is 120ft from my main panel. Main panel is 200amp in a two car garage with little amp being used. My question is what size wire is required? I am thinking 4/0-4/0-4/0-2/0 AL MHF? Also thinking 3" conduit?
  10. Joshua5438

Garage Rough-In Plumbing

I am trying to layout my plumbing for a shop I am building. Building location is Greenville SC. Floor will be a 4" slab so trying to get a game plan together now. All four fixtures will be on an exterior wall. I am trying to figure out the best drain layout and how to vent. I will only have...
  11. Joshua5438

Need advise on my layout.

I am getting ready to replace all the failing copper pipes in my house with PEX. I have decided to use Uponor / AquaPEX type A for my install. Just a brief history as to why I am switching over... I purchased the house in 2015 but the house was originally built in 1980. I was in the house...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks