Search results

1. Joshua5438

3 Way switch with feed at light

Thanks for explaining that to me. It makes since. Guess I will be running (2) 12/2 to my 1st switch so I have that extra wire for when I do not need it. haha. In all honesty, with the way everything is advancing, I will probably install a smart switch at some point.
  2. Joshua5438

You are correct on the box layout. Can you explain the purpose of the neutral wire to the switch box? I have heard that recently but have not been given a true explanation as to what it is for. I had planned to mark the black traveler as RED to match the red wire in the 12/3 group. I...
  3. Joshua5438

Hello, I am installing a 3 way switch where the feed comes into the light instead of the first switch. I will have a switch at two doors, 50 feet apart with 4 light fixtures between them. I have found a diagram online and it makes since but wanted to get opinions on if this is the best way...
  4. Joshua5438

Metal Garage Electrical Service

Passed the inspection! Thanks again for all of your help and guidance. I am sure I will be back with more as I complete the rest of the installation.
  5. Joshua5438

I also changed out the ground rod lugs with the traditional oval ones. The ones I had started to deform as I tightened them. Was not impressed.
  6. Joshua5438

Hopefully ready for inspection now. What is not visible - one completed circuit, 20A gfci outlet (all that is required per the building department), two 8ft ground rods driven flush with grade, 8ft apart and connected with a continuous #4 bare copper wire, and #4 bonding wire from main panel to...
  7. Joshua5438

I will look for the duct seal. Marking wire is easy enough. Already had that in mind. The ground wire is in pvc so it should be good. I torqued all the bolts to spec. I will keep my inchpound wrench close by during inspection.
  8. Joshua5438

You are correct. Figured that was the best way. That is just painters tape to keep the lizards out until the meter is installed. Will remove before inspection. Wasn't sure if I could put anything inside it or not. Any comments on the meter box I need to correct?
  9. Joshua5438

Yes. It is in the top right neutral bar.
  10. Joshua5438

Guess I will be changing the screw. I think the lugs are too small for a #4 wire. I will double check. Could I use the large lug on the end of the right neutral bar?
  11. Joshua5438

It is a lug sized for the 4awg wire. I actually used a self tapping screw. Is that acceptable? Top breaker is actually 78" from finished floor.
  12. Joshua5438

Any idea if the bond in the bottom right will suffice? If not, I could move it to the big lug at the bottom of the right neutral bar.
  13. Joshua5438

I am using 3/0cu from meter to panel. I hope it isn't referring to what the PoCo will use as I have no clue what that will be.
  14. Joshua5438

Thanks! I will run a #4cu from the main panel ground bar to the building.
  15. Joshua5438

Online states grounding rod, rebar and pipe. I think it will be better than the oval ones but that's just me. Haha. Next questions - Should the building bond tie into the main panel ground bar, main panel neutral bar or the ground rod? Power company here likes the ground wire to go from the...
  16. Joshua5438

Would this be a good clamp to use for attaching ground wire to ground rod?
  17. Joshua5438

Meter install inspection

Spoke with my local building department today. I only need one completed circuit installed to get the meter released, after inspection.
  18. Joshua5438

Meter install inspection

My building permit expires in December and I would like to go ahead and get the meter installed. Just had a metal garage built. I have the meter can and main panel installed, back to back on an exterior wall. I am running 3/0 cu wire for 200amp service. #4 cu ground with 2 8ft ground rods. All...
  19. Joshua5438

200amp (3/0) power feed

So you recommend pvc over metal conduit? I wasn't sure if either is preferred as both panels will be bolted to the steel structure. Do I need to isolate either panel from the building?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks