Search results

1. CCbrands1

3/4 bath remodel in basement

Drain rough in for a 1/2 bath in basement. 1 1/2" vent at the vanity drain line. Toilet drain is upstream of the vent. Drains beneath concrete. I want to add a shower into the mix. I plan to install a 3 x 2 wye after the vent for the vanity drain line. Is it ok to run the shower drain...
  2. CCbrands1

mortar beds

whirlpool i bought requires a mortar bed. directions dont indicate the thickness of the mortar bed. i've heard that a half inch is usually enough. is there any minimum thickness I should shoot for. i was thinking about a half inch in the front, 1.5 inch near the back. at what...
  3. CCbrands1

opinions on rubber unions

I am going to connect 1.5 inch sched 40 pvc P trap to 1.5 inch copper drain line for my tub. whats everyone's opinion on the rubber unions with stainless clamps? this union would be laying horizontally? i would like to never have to revisit this once it's done. any better options out...
  4. CCbrands1

tile bead kit

installing a tile bead kit on a whirlpool tub. aside from the adhesive they give with it, does anyone have tips on installing it? i know to notch the corners. any other special adhesive I should use? should I staple or nail this bead to the studs to hold it in place? vapor barrier...
  5. CCbrands1

whirlpool install

recessed install on a whirlpool tub with NO built in tile flange. i'll have to buy a tile bead kit. is 100% silicone the best for sealing the bead to the tub? how about for the gap between the tub and the tile itself? is there a product that's better or that will keep the seal...
  6. CCbrands1

remove old kraft paper

installing tiled shower surround walls are already insulated with Spintex rock wool batts with kraft paper some of the kraft paper is damaged i'm thinking of removing the paper completely and adding a separate moisture barrier. i dont trust it on it's own it would be improper to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks