Search results

1. Ortona

Mini-split p-trap

Thanks for confirming what I thought was the case with traps on condensate lines. Now I can say I "know" what they are suppose to do instead of just "thinking" for which I was chastised earlier by a board member (HVAC'ker). Thanks again.
  2. Ortona

Mini-split p-trap

Thanks for pointing out the diagram. It didn't look like the traps on the A/C condensate lines I've seen so I didn't think they were trying to draw a trap. But you are correct--in effect that's what it is.
  3. Ortona

Mini-split p-trap

Dana---Thanks for the links to the FXMQ and FTXN series of Daikin mini-splits. Of the two, the FTXN air handler appears to be very similar in construction to the FDXS series which I have. Unlike the instructions for my FDXS where no mention of p-traps or other wise is stated, the FXMQ is as...
  4. Ortona

Mini-split p-trap

I did read the installation instructions and they didn't say squat about a p-trap--whether to install one or not to install one. I only ask this question because all the split A/C systems I've had in the past had p-traps installed in the condensate drain lines. So its got me wondering about...
  5. Ortona

Mini-split p-trap

I think a p-trap in a condensate drain line is put there to keep outside ambient air from being drawn into the air handler which when the blower is on operates at a pressure less than outside ambient pressure. Air drawn in the handler in that way might cause the improper draining of the...
  6. Ortona

Mini-split p-trap

I thought p-traps were always used on condensate lines from A/C air handlers (evaporators). But the installation instructions for my Daikin ductless mini-split does not show or call for a p-trap in the drain line. If I install one next to the air handler, will it cause me problems? Is it even...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks