Search results

1. Aliris19

Washing machine tub pressure line

? yes, there's a find mesh screen on the intake, but this is at the other end. My front loader, and I presumed this was general, has the intake stuff then the water goes into the tub and at the outside back of the drum is a water level pressure sensor. It has a small hose that snakes up to the...
  2. Aliris19

Clevis strap extension?

Yes, thank you. At the end of the rod. Thank you, I'll look for a "hyco strap" is that like the clevis strap? I'm amazed this is not a super-readily available thing because basically, every sink I've had my life-long has had this problem with stoppers not closing bc of that strap... lol. I'll...
  3. Aliris19

Washing machine tub pressure line

I cannot see anything wrong with the tub pressure hose on my Kenmore HE4T front-loader. However it seems to be misbehaving. any thoughts? Things I've done: replaced the water pressure device, reseated the hose by cutting the top which appeared a little flared. Resoldered the board connections...
  4. Aliris19

Clevis strap extension?

This has bothered me for *years*.... the clevis strap on my bathroom sink is not long enough to reach the ball assembly rod - is it possible to buy an extension for the clevis strap? TY! I've looked online without much luck - a link would be terrific...
  5. Aliris19

How to troubleshoot toilet flush v clogged lineissue

Totally drains. Toilet bowl filled briefly then flushed and kept the water moving down the whole time. So - should I just buy one of those replacement valve assemblies? I'm not sure what the siphon jet is - the black hose that is clipped to a piece of vertical pvc tubing? That's cranking at...
  6. Aliris19

Yes, that's it - Vespin. I was thinking "thespian" which I knew had to be wrong, lol! The name is rubbed off which is annoying but you have it right. And I'm remembering now there was some special that netted us this "upgrade" for the same price as a lower end version. It's been a while. Thank...
  7. Aliris19

So... call roto-rooter before switching out the toilet's guts...? (And yes, I know you can rent equipment to do that from Home Depot but (a) it's hard and (b) it's gross and (c) I think professionals will do a good job for (d) not much more money when all is said and done and (e) I think...
  8. Aliris19

Ah. That explains it (photo too). So... if it's obstruction could fiddling with the valve assembly fix things just temporarily like that? And yes, there is venting upstream. Hadn't thought of that.
  9. Aliris19

Hi - y'all have been so helpful in the past; thanks for weighing in again please. I have a Toto -- forget the name, it's a low end two-piece type (that was still crazy-expensive; it's the smoothed-sides version which is I guess just a superficial distinction). We have two of these, one upstream...
  10. Aliris19

Kitchen sink cutoff not working - advice please?!

Great, yes; thanks fitter30. After writing this I watched some youtube videos and it seems fairly straight-forward. Also someone suggested the possibility of coaxing the sticking phlange with hot water and WD40 and patience, though on a hot water line this is evidently less likely to work. I may...
  11. Aliris19

Kitchen sink cutoff not working - advice please?!

Hi all - I am a novice* to say the least. In preparation for changing out the water cartridge on a Grohe ladylux kitchen sink faucet, I twisted the hot and cold water cutoffs to the off position ... and discover that while the cold seems to work the hot does not. That is, hot water still comes...
  12. Aliris19

Noritz NR98-SV ideas requested

Noritz helped me to see it's sparking then recommended a routine service which just cleans out lines and the fan but crucially, also the ignitors - I used a 320 paper on that (I don't have the pad recommended handy). I think the most interesting thing I found inside is (1) everything's really...
  13. Aliris19

Actually, I had it set at 135 because I happen to like *hot* temperature. And yes, I'm in SoCal and I'm not exactly sure, however, whether the "tap" water has been unusually hot this summer. I mean, yes, it's been 3-digit temps last week, but no it's since cooled down and no, even though this...
  14. Aliris19

I only have this empirical observation that when one faucet is open, and no hot water results, and the ignitor (presumably) can be heard cycling, then no code is thrown; while when three faucets are open code 11 flashes (and of course there also results no hot water). I have been told...
  15. Aliris19

Hah! Here we go ... it's a "parts list" I need. http://www.heritageparts.com/manuals/noritz/NR98-SV
  16. Aliris19

No success really. The nipple is clean as can be. However upon replacing it and firing everything back up, before any faucet was opened, there was a click ... so I was hopeful. But no go. And as before, no code thrown, which can be affected by opening not one additional but two additional...
  17. Aliris19

They're calling the hot water nipple a "water drain valve" and the cold water trap a "water drain valve (water filter)" http://support.noritz.com/download.php?file=Literature%20Page/Installation%20Manual/NR98SV%20IM.PDF&field=InstallationManual I'll go try it, maybe I'll get lucky...
  18. Aliris19

Hi Dana - no, not the sediment trap, it's a little nipple. It's attached to (gotta go check) ... the top of the hot water line while the sediment trap is attached to the top of the cold water line. But having looked more closely, I do notice a bead of water below that nipple ... I wonder if...
  19. Aliris19

Thanks again for sticking with me. Noritz (or at least this unit) has some built in system for shunting the water elsewhere in a descaling protocol. It doesn't matter for this situation I don't think. Yes, it seems to me that it ought to be flashing code-11 if it's not igniting. So it was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks