Search results

1. Conde

Typical/Expected Fuel air current measurement

I called the Takagi service number and it comes up as AO Smith which apparently owns Takagi and just about every brand as well. They were somewhat helpful but not detailed. I wanted to know the Air-fuel limit that sets code 391 but he did not know. Just said that short cycling and long...
  2. Conde

This unit is 8 years old. I did take the combustion chamber apart this summer and cleaned it pretty thoroughly. I will try the Takagi service number as well.
  3. Conde

I have a Takagi T-H3J-DV water heater in a domestic radiant heating application. I am getting the error code 391 (Air-fuel ratio rod failure). I have cleaned and replaced the sensor multiple times but the issue seems to come back intermittently. I did put the heater in diagnostic mode and was...
  4. Conde

Transitioning from forced air to hydronic

"Did you do your homework?" - :) I did the online from Load-Calc.net (because it was free!) What is an appropriate amount to contribute$? Total block load in heating of ~37,000 Btu/hr. This is an odd duck house since it is relatively new but not McMansion sized.
  5. Conde

Transitioning from forced air to hydronic

A couple days ago, my natural gas forced air furnace went out. The limit switch was tripping and once my CO detectors went off. Reading 36 ppm at the highest. I have left the furnace off while I figure out the next steps. Furnace specs: Model year 2009, 60,000 Btu/hr, 92 AFUE Bryant...
  6. Conde

Off peak heat requirement backup source.

My father is installing an off-peak hydronic heating system for a pole barn. In order to utilize the off-peak program with the local utility they are requiring a backup heat source. I can understand this requirement in the primary residence however this is just a pole-barn which is already...
  7. Conde

Freeze protection for hydronic pole barn heating

My father built a pole barn with in-floor hydronic heating. We are just now getting around to adding the heat source (7kw Electro industries Off-peak boiler). He is located in Minneapolis MN so the 99% design temperature is -9.4°F. We are looking to use a Cryo-tek 100 anti-freeze mixture...
  8. Conde

Adding second bathroom to second floor.

Would one typically access the existing DWV through the ceiling of the first floor (through the drywall) or from cutting "access holes" in the the subfloor of the second floor?
  9. Conde

Adding second bathroom to second floor.

I am looking to add an en suite bathroom to the second floor of our house. My question is, what is the best way to route the DWV down from the second floor? Currently there is a full bathroom on the second floor but it is located across the hall, about 15 feet away from the proposed en suite...
  10. Conde

Humidity dripping windows outside - Zone 6

I will definitely get a hand-held manometer, I finished my basement a little while ago so I should check those rooms as well. The house is a full 2 stores and this is occurring on the second floor guest bedroom. I know the room does have a return vent. Thanks for the quick and informative...
  11. Conde

Humidity dripping windows outside - Zone 6

I have noticed that my house is dripping from the window vents on the exterior during these recent cold snaps (-10°F and colder) in Minnesota. Build: 2009 Location: Minneapolis MN Walls: 2x6 cellulose insulation Windows: Some kind of double pane HVAC: Forced air, natural gas. ERV. Whole...
  12. Conde

Rough plumbing layout w/ backwater check valve.

Anyone have any input on this? I am going to be glueing it up tonight. Thanks everyone, this website is a great resource!
  13. Conde

Would adding a vent upstream of the backwater valve solve this issue? I am showing the proposed location in red in the attached.
  14. Conde

I am refinishing my basement adding a 3/4 bath and laundry room. I am in MN and we adopted IPC 2012 this year so I need a backwater check since my basement is below the next upstream manhole. In order to make the backwater check valve accessible I am locating it in a utility closest. In my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks