Search results

1. Atomic1

Angle Stop at End of Threaded Stub

Doesn't it look like there's a nut on this angle stop that can be loosened? I have only ever seen solid one piece bodies on the FIP angle stops. If there's FIP angle stops with a nut that allow for adjustment without turning the entire valve body, I'd like to try and find one.
  2. Atomic1

Angle Stop at End of Threaded Stub

I have a toilet supply where an angle stop is threaded onto the end of a chrome stub coming out of the wall. I know of FIP angle stops, but those are usually one piece designs. It appears that this angle stop has an independent nut on it that would allow the stop to swivel to the correct...
  3. Atomic1

Are there any real benefits to using low wattage heating elements?

You are a post whore Seems lately I can always rely on this site for some nice misleading and worthless information from people who think they're plumbers. too funny
  4. Atomic1

Hugh? I'm talking about low watt density elements. You can get, for example, 4500 watt elements in normal watt density and low watt density. Same wattage, just more surface area so the energy transfer is done at lower temperatures and in theory produces less solid byproducts.
  5. Atomic1

I have hard water with an electric water heater and thought I'd give a low wattage element a try because it was marketed as great for hard water. These elements fold back on themselves to gain the extra surface area. After 2 years I decided to pull the element to clean out the tank of sediment...
  6. Atomic1

How to fix a dripping Moen shower faucet?

I know this is an old thread, but I'll add some more info for the knowledge base. I have the posi-temp version of the OP's cartridge (1222), but the problem is the same. Slow drip with hard water conditions. My cartridge was tight coming out, but nothing excessive. Problem was that it was...
  7. Atomic1

Braided faucet connector directly to copper male fitting?

I have the same question as the OP and reading through this thread was like pulling teeth....and at the end of this, I want to be absolutely sure that connecting the female end of a 1/2" braided connector, which has straight threads, has no issue connecting to a 1/2 male copper sweat adapter...
  8. Atomic1

Moen Posi Temp Handle Slop

Ok, in case anyone else is searching, I've figured it out on my own. There is an engineering problem with the plastic Moen handle adapters. If you look at reviews online for the Moen 116653 Posi Temp adapter kit, you will see many comments about slop between this adapter and the brass shaft of...
  9. Atomic1

Faucet connectors for open base vanities

Even the rigid 3/8" copper? I'm not talking about the coiled soft copper stuff.
  10. Atomic1

hmm, i also just found rigid 3/8" copper type L pipe which may fit better. Do people use this for water service applications? I've never seen it used.
  11. Atomic1

I like that idea. The back face of this vanity isn't fully flush with the wall either, so notching wouldn't have to be too deep. I could probably ditch the solid lines altogether and make that work with two braided connectors connected by a brass elbow at the upper back face of the vanity so...
  12. Atomic1

I'll be going with a multi hole moen, so they will have the 1/2" threaded male inlets. I have found that just because it doesn't immediately leak, doesn't mean its reliable.
  13. Atomic1

There's not really enough clearance behind the drawers for another set of stops. I do have a waste connection centered at each sink that would come through the rear of the vanity. Will probably use chrome traps since they'll be partially exposed. I can get a 30" brushed nickel riser...
  14. Atomic1

Do those solid risers fare well when making 90-degree angles? I'm not sure I'd be able to get below the vanity and make the turn into the angle stop.
  15. Atomic1

I am looking at a double sink vanity for the master bathroom. Of course, my wife must have a vanity with open space beneath the sinks (and a set of drawers in between). Kinda like this There are four supply angle stops that are located just off the floor and they will be just below the...
  16. Atomic1

Moen Posi Temp Handle Slop

I'm curious if anyone else has any thoughts or solutions. I even have a replacement cartridge and there is still too much slop between the brass shaft and black adapter which causes the screw to loosen over time.
  17. Atomic1

Well Water Results - Need Recommendations Please

lol, ok guys. Got it. No other opinions allowed. We must all buy from impactwaterproducts.com.
  18. Atomic1

I have a RO system from The Perfect Water. It's the Home Master Artesian with the permeate pump. I was able to install it myself and its been trouble free. It also adds minerals to the water which I found provides better water than the old culligan system I had before. Ditttohead will...
  19. Atomic1

The OP's test report is a relatively basic report that says nothing about pesticides. If you have stupid neighbors who use Truegreen or nearby farms using glyphosphate, there are tests for those compounds. That said, given the general negligence of pesticide use in our country, testing report...
  20. Atomic1

Softener, Help with test results - what do I need?

Many RO systems have the option for special media to accommodate iron filtration. The system I mentioned previously has such an option.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks