Search results

1. Jaylivi

Rust Out Water Softener Cleaner?

Does Rust Out work, and is it safe to treat softener resin? I'm on a well and deal with hard water, and I drink this water and am not sure about introducing more chemicals into my system. I already have a KL filter with H202 backwash, but want the softener's help too.
  2. Jaylivi

A leak, hard water and draining w/ recirculating pump?

I have a 7 year old gas hot water tank with a grundfos recirculating pump. The tank caught my attention because there was a puddle of water underneath the tank, and when I took off the cover at the bottom and removed insulation, the bottom of the tank was wet. I noticed a slow leak directly...
  3. Jaylivi

Pressure tank adjustment means switch adjustment too?

Hello again, I recently added more pressure to my two pressure tanks to 38lbs (cut in at 40). This caused my water pressure to drop quite a big, cutting out at about 45. It was noticeable with the first shower as the pressure fell quite quickly. I'm guessing that I now need to adjust the switch...
  4. Jaylivi

Peroxide injection ratio to KL filter

Good mornning, I finally installed a softener and KL backwashing system with hydrogen peroxide injection. The tank for the hydrogen peroxide solution is quite large and I believe I need to mix it with water, but how do I know how much water to use with one gallon of nuetra sul 7% solution? My...
  5. Jaylivi

Selecting a replacement pump

I may replace my current pump, which I believe was installed three years ago by the original owner. The current Gould submersible is 1/2 hp and pumps only 5 gpm. I want to add backwashing filters to my filtration system, and rather than choose equipment for iron/sulfate removal that I don't...
  6. Jaylivi

Sulfate and Iron removal

Hello again, I have sulfate (213 mg/l) and iron 2.6 mg/l and a rotten egg smell that goes away after shock chlorination and returns several weeks later to both hot and cold water. I was eyeing a katalox system and so tested my pump to see if I could support backwashing. My gpm is only 5 from a...
  7. Jaylivi

Installing softener; redesigning my system?

After my pressure tank, I have a 20" BB sediment filter, carbon filter and iron filter that is followed by a UV filter. I will be adding a new softener (Fleck 5600sxt), and a larger xtrol pressure tank, and have two questions: 1. Can I keep my current pressure tank, which is small but only 2.5...
  8. Jaylivi

Softener size and unit?

I want to purchase a softener soon and would appreciate suggestions on which softener to go with, and what size. Currently, I have BB sediment, carbon and iron filter followed by a UV light. My latest test results were: ph 7.3 cond 930 ms/kl (have no idea what this is) sulfate 213 mg/l...
  9. Jaylivi

Sulfur smell

Recently purchased a home on a well. No one had lived there for about two years, though the pressure tank and pump had been replaced in 2014. There was no filtration, and I have not shock chlorinated. Test results: iron 2.61 mg/l sulfate 52.6 mg/l nitrate o.15 mg/l pH 7.8 hardness 400 mgl After...
  10. Jaylivi

New water softener system opinions please

I recently bought a home with well water. The pump and pressure tank were recently replaced prior to my purchase, but it has no additional equipment. I believe i need to treat for iron and hardness. test report: iron 2.61mg/l, hardness 400 mg/l, sulfate 52.8mg/l, nitrate .15 mg/l I've...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks