Search results

1. DR-DEATH

HTP UFT 80 heat exchanger leak?

Just wanted to add an update… boiler is still going strong. No more rust or water leaks since tightening the pressure relief valve.
  2. DR-DEATH

Navien NHB-80 vs. HTP UFT-80w.

I have the taco 1816 with zone valves and almost identical basement situation with my HTP. Spent many hours watching the basement zone and the cycles last around 30-40 mins stand alone. Have heating cap. Set to 60% and ramp up feature enabled. Other than my possible failed HX... it’s been great lol
  3. DR-DEATH

So plumber was here and within 20 seconds he said it was a failed heat exchanger. He didn’t even look at the leaking sensor. He called HTP and HTP is going to do a full replacement. (Whole unit) at least 1k in labor. I’m not sold it’s the HX. Since it’s marked to be replaced I cleaned off the...
  4. DR-DEATH

I found a better picture of the old sensor and new sensor. The old sensor and new are identical but the old sensor was definitely screwed in more than the new one. There’s at least 3 threads still exposed on new one. Here’s a pic: https://imgur.com/a/RG4B3Xh guess that could explain why it’s...
  5. DR-DEATH

Yeah I would think so too. There’s rusty water spots on some of the wires directly under that sensor that are above the heat exchanger bottom. How would those get wet/water spots if the heat exchanger was leaking? Water doesn’t go uphill so I’m still sold on the water sensor leaking. I’ll just...
  6. DR-DEATH

I sent the photos to HTP support. They said there’s signs of a heat exchanger/internal exhaust has failed based on the white corrosion on the right side of the heat exchanger. There’s 100% corrosion on the low water sensor and in the picture you can see rust on the wires below it - which are...
  7. DR-DEATH

I have been very happy with the boiler. Been in service for 4 years and only had the low water cut off sensor crap out after 2. Part was under warranty but only costs a few bucks anyway and easy to replace or cheap to have a plumber install the part. I honestly think the low water sensor wasn’t...
  8. DR-DEATH

The boiler is in a small room with a door that leads to a storage room. We do not have a dehumidifier in the storage room or boiler closet but have one in the main basement. Approx 500sqft between all spaces. I do put rid x buckets in the storage room and boiler room to help with moisture. The...
  9. DR-DEATH

I had an HTP UFT 80 installed around November of 2016. I was in basement and noticed rust on the bottom and opened it up to see rust and corrosion around the gas line and black iron water inlets. Immediately thought it must be leaking from the HX and noticed some corrosion on the bottom of the...
  10. DR-DEATH

Best Value/Most Reliable boiler?

So I ran a test today. Turned thermostats down on first and second floor and let basement go down to 65 and kick on with a desired temp of 66. The boilerwater temp was already 122 when I went down there so it must have been calling for heat upstairs on the other zones shortly before the test...
  11. DR-DEATH

I didn’t even realize this post was 3 years old lol. Sandy threw me off with randomly posting today. Interesting you think it’s overradiated maybe. It’s 300 sq, walls are insulated but not sure how much but def fiberglass batts. (Hoping they left an air gap between foundation...) no insulation...
  12. DR-DEATH

Not meaning to hijack the thread but I do have a quick question for you. This is the first year I’m heating the basement and I’m tracking thermostat on time from an ecobee 3. We keep the basement heated to 66 right now and It’s saying the boiler is coming on about once an hour for about 15-25...
  13. DR-DEATH

Whatever Dana suggests is what I would buy. I took his recommendation for the HTP UFT 80 for my house in NH and it’s been great. One $11 sensor died after two heating seasons but that was simple. He knows his stuff!
  14. DR-DEATH

HTP UFT 80 set point?

HTP thought it was the outdoor sensor reading the correct temp but telling the boiler the wrong data. Tested the sensor with a multi meter and it’s functioning correctly per the manual. I did find another thread that had two other people with my issue and it was due to old firmware on the...
  15. DR-DEATH

HTP UFT 80 set point?

Update: this morning both second floor and first floor zones were on and I went down to check the set point. The boiler was running for about an hour at that point and the water temp was 167 with a set point of 180. The outdoor temp sensor was reading 29f. Reading the manual states that you...
  16. DR-DEATH

HTP UFT 80 set point?

I just tried that test. It took an hour or so to get the basement zone running at 179-181f and set point there too. I turned the main floor on which is about 45 ft of baseboard and once the zone valve opened the water temp dropped from 180 to 120 or so. Set point still stayed 180. I sat there...
  17. DR-DEATH

HTP UFT 80 set point?

Gotcha. I’ll comb though the manual to see if there’s anything about ignoring the curve. I did call HTP and the tech said it could have been a incorrect odr reading or from the short baseboard zone. I’m going to be doing a minimal remodel in the basement so I’ll have another 10ft of baseboard...
  18. DR-DEATH

HTP UFT 80 set point?

hi guys I had a HTP UFT 80 installed last November. All is well so far but I do have a question. I noticed my basement zone 3 was the only zone calling for heat and after watching the boiler it was reaching set point of 179f. The outdoor sensor was showing 37 degrees and according to the stock...
  19. DR-DEATH

Generator/UPS for HTP UFT 80 and Rinnai Ruc98i

Sweet. Maybe I'll try that over the generator for now.
  20. DR-DEATH

Generator/UPS for HTP UFT 80 and Rinnai Ruc98i

hi guys I had a HTP system installed last November and am looking at alternate ways to power it if the power goes out. I don't have a generator but was looking at a Honda 2k generator but alsovam toying with the idea of using a backup UPS. the manual for the HTP and Rinnai list peak power at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks