Search results

1. CoHotelier

WM Evergreen Blower Fault - intermittent, 2nd replacement in 18 months

At one point the local rep was supposed to contact me, but nada. I'm going to double check the wiring and ground integrity, but other than that, will just shop for the replacement(s). Thank you Fitter.
  2. CoHotelier

Yes, thank you. I actually bought an extra new (updated p/n) blower out of pocket just to have one on hand. That's part of the frustration. The first boiler had TWO blower replacements before Weil acknowledged a problem and started using the blower used in the larger boilers for the 220 as...
  3. CoHotelier

Fitter, I appreciate it. I'll double Check. We have 2 evg220s. They are on the same property lot, but two different buildings. Each building has its own meter, and it's own power from 2 separate pole transformers. (This isn't to imply its clean power, just that they're on different...
  4. CoHotelier

Sorry to dredge this up. Ours continues to hard fault, requiring a manual reset. Usually it occurs if the unit gets a domestic hot water call while the baseboard is already calling as well. It shows as any number of faults - so I don't even trust what the unit is "saying". Very frustrating...
  5. CoHotelier

Great point Dana. I always appreciate your help. George, I didn't even pause on your load, but Dana is correct. We have an Evergreen 220 that runs a 18 room motel built in 1968 with 23 fin/tube zones that range from 4ft stick of baseboard to 20ft stick of baseboard, a few 3/4, although most...
  6. CoHotelier

I say this, regrettably, as a SPX and FLOW shareholder - the parent companies of W-M. The blower is easy to replace. I know because I've done it three or four times between two boilers. We currently have TWO of these boilers, one gets a LOT more work than the other. The harder worked one is...
  7. CoHotelier

To circle back, maybe this helps the next guy. A month or so ago the new boiler (the second of this model we have on-site) also began blower faulting. When I took the faulty blower to them, they immediately handed me a new model blower. Turns out they have a list of customers with the...
  8. CoHotelier

Wanted to add a chapter to this, hope it helps the next guy (or tech). The boiler started going into lockout again this evening. I was able to watch it happen, and it my surprise, the boiler went directly from a call for heat (hadn't satisified output temp yet) to pre-purge for the same input...
  9. CoHotelier

Just wanted to update for anyone else... Talked to a local, well known and reputable, mechanical installer (he also sells/installs WM as his primary line)... Halfway through my story he stopped me and told me that every Evergreen series boiler that he's installed up here (Estes Park, 7500ft)...
  10. CoHotelier

Called and spoke with WM. 2 blowers in 18 months is odd, sounds abnormal. I'm guessing no known problems with the blowers then. When it goes into pre-purge mode it starts the blower to about 50-55% and reads over 3krpm. When it has faulted, the fault diagnostic screen shows an input of 0%...
  11. CoHotelier

Folks, About a year and a half ago I replaced an aging Lochinvar Fin-Tube model with a new Weil-McClain Evergreen Series, Model 220. The swap was done in early spring of 2016. December of that same year (9 months or so later) the unit began sporadic lock-outs due to Blower Fault usually...
  12. CoHotelier

Watts PRV Howls on start and stop of flow

Valveman, am I wasting my time, then, trying the Caleffi 535 series valve? When you say shortening the lifespan of the wear parts of the valve, can you ballpark that impact? Are we talking halving the lifespan?
  13. CoHotelier

Just an update. I emailed back and forth with Caleffi a few times and am going to give their valve a try. I appreciate the insight here - both from a set of valves in series, and disappointment that "well, just buy another one to make this one work" was the proposed solution. Their...
  14. CoHotelier

Hey DJ2, thanks for the input. I've got a 3/4" Zurn on my irrigation line and it's silent and seems reliable. I researched PRVs from Watts, Caleffi, and Zurn - and in a few places I found folks talk about a very high psi drop across the valve, so I had shied away from them as a reasonable...
  15. CoHotelier

I agree! Yes, from day 1. When I disassembled the PRV to check the internals, I gave it all a once over. The screen was clear, and I couldn't find any obvious defects with the diaphragm, etc. When I let the plumber (a subcontractor) know about the howling issue, he came back out and tweaked...
  16. CoHotelier

Heard back from Watts, the initial thought is that even though the unit is rated to 300psi, it is likely a problem with incoming line pressure. They recommended buying a High Pressure variant and putting it in series with the PRV I have, using the one to step down some, and then the next one...
  17. CoHotelier

Hey Jim, It's listed as up to 300psi max, so the 175 is probably higher than 90% of their domestic installs, but is within their stated range.
  18. CoHotelier

I appreciate that. I sent a note over to Watts, will update. I've attempted to manipulate pressure anywhere from 75psi down to 50 and there is no consistent impact. If I throttle it up, it will get quiet for a bit of use, but then the noise will return a bit later. The system is currently...
  19. CoHotelier

Symptom: The prv (Watts LF25aub 1”) howls or sings loudly when it’s opening and closing, but not during the flow event (toilet, shower, doesn’t matter). If I throttle down flow at a hose bib, I can get it to howl/resonate continuously at very low flow. System Details: The building has 4...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks