Search results

1. A12548

What can I expect for my AC repair

My Goodman AC unit has an issue, I do plan to call a pro Monday..but any hints at what it might be...we noticed the house got a bit warmer..the outside fan was not moving..a kickstart did not help and I don't hear any compressor noise on that outside unit. The inside unit seems be cranking and...
  2. A12548

Softener Drain needs to be moved

Re: Kenmore 300 Series After some recent slow to little Brine draw, a Sears tech, (yes they still exist) said everything checks ok but said problem may be my drain line, which goes up into attic about 6 feet up then across attic floor to washer drain line. He pulled the drain line off softener...
  3. A12548

Thin Wall to Schedule 40 fitting

Expanding a zone, and unfortunately, it needs to come off a thin wall 1" pipe. Replacing the thin wall line completely is currently not an option. The 1" thin wall can barely fit a 1/4" inside a Schedule 40 coupling. Is there an adapter coupling or any other solution to join the two?
  4. A12548

Extending sprinkler line to deck cutout

I had a pool removed and backfilled from within a 4' cmu block retaining wall. We are putting in pavers with a nice long 15' x 4' cutout which we intend to keep plants and trees (screen enclosure friendly). My quagmire is, obviously I need this irrigated, hand watering if I must, but if I want...
  5. A12548

In ground Pool removal- Electrical panel options

I am having my inground pool removed, backfilled and eventually a paver deck. My electrical panel mounted on side of house has breakers for pumps, light and blower, which of course I will no longer need. I just want to keep the outlet on the left. Before I call an electrician, I am not sure...
  6. A12548

Kenmore 350 Series Softener has phone tech stumped

Starting a week ago, we notice lower water pressure in house at random times caused by my Kenmore softener discharging water out of drain tube mostly in morning hours, and the panel does not indicate it is in any cycle, just the water flow bar moving rapidly. Not sure how long it lasts but its...
  7. A12548

Home Alarm system transformer question

My home alarm system has a transformer in the attic. It always felt very warm but not so hot that you cannot keep your hand on it. I replaced it, and it is the same. Given the extreme summer heat in my Florida attic, and since the pro installer installed it up there in the first place, am I okay...
  8. A12548

Reducing Sprinklers in one zone

I am having my backyard decked, currently I have a zone that has 5 heads along its line. After the renovation, I only need 2 of those heads to operate. Will it be too much pressure for just 2 heads? Currently its is fed with 1" pipe, will I make it worse if I reduce to 1/2"?
  9. A12548

Help with deciphering wiring colors for Spa Air Blower

My spa blower went bad, and shopping a replacement. From the photos I attached, it seems like its 120V and not 240V? (this one was wired back in 1987), I see the wire colors seem to be white/white, one is green/blue, and the other looks Red/Black. Now the colors may have faded a bit, but the...
  10. A12548

Laundry room gate valves messed up

Im getting a new washer/dryer soon, so i decided shut my gate valves and disconnect hoses. The cold water valve was stuck but i got it closed..the hot water valve shuts..but drips, and i attached a photo. The valve looks odd, not the typical nut like the others ive seen. It seems big. Can I just...
  11. A12548

How secure hose bib to hardi plank

Well I installed new hardi plank around my hose bib..I was an idiot and pre drilled the holes too big and the screws dont even catch. I cant use a fatter screw because it wont make it thru the screw holes on bib. Is there a metal plate of some kind that I can slip behind the plank and screw thru...
  12. A12548

Ground wire confusion

I re-sided my home and will reattach the ground wires back to house. Can I group all 3 ground wires together on clips? Can I use the regular plastic cable clips? They all lead to the hose bib, and they are attached with straps that tighten with a screw. Im replacing hose bib, does Home Depot...
  13. A12548

Helppp..Heat Exchanger quagmire

I finally replaced my 20 yr old a/c here in Florida two yrs ago. I opted to not have a heat recovery unit on the new system. The installer, whom I cant locate or changed hands, snipped the lines dropping out of the old box. However, there are still copper lines coming out of my siding and into...
  14. A12548

New A/C installed...wet slab..normal?

I just had a 4 ton Goodman installed and its working great but the outside unit is on a new slab and it always has a puddle of water slowly seeping from under the unit and off the slab. The drain pipe is working ok..pumping water out. I looked inside and notice a brass colored pipe had lots of...
  15. A12548

Bottle Water Cooler piping question

I may be off topic, but Im hoping to get advice. I own an Oasis Bottle water cooler (hot and cold). It sprang a leak, I opened it up and saw a green 3" tubing had split. Easy enuf, I disconnected it and is says Tygoprene xl-60 max temp 250 deg on it. Well, on internet I can only find this in 50...
  16. A12548

Shower arm broke off..nut stripped?

My shower arm had broken off and the threads were still inside that nut. I went to Home Depot , got one of those thread removers. I got big hunks out and it seemed to be clean. I went to put in the new arm, put the teflon tape on, but I can get it to turn only 2 and a half times ( about half...
  17. A12548

Kenmore Water Softener help?

I dont know if Im posting in the wrong forum, but you guys helped me out a few times before. I have a Kenmore Deluxe Water Softener, about 6 years old. Our water pressure has dropped and I narrowed the problem down to the softener by using the bypass valve test. From what I can guess, the resin...
  18. A12548

Badly rusted outdoor junction box

My outdoor gray metal pull box, about 8" x 8" is badly rusted. It houses the wiring from my pool filter and spa and lighting. Are there any tips before I tackle this or any links to help me out? thanks
  19. A12548

bathroom sink..install oval into round???

i removed our old 19 inch round, which has 18inch opening. We noticed theres no fancy styles for 19 rounds, all the ovals have the shell design that we like, however the oval we measured doesnt cover the front to back depth of old cutout. Are there any standard ovals that will cover that depth...
  20. A12548

New Moen cartridge, low cold water pressure

i replaced shower single handle moen cartridge, it went in smooth, hot water pressure is fine in fact cold water is too except when i turn the knob to the extreme right, then it goes to a trickle. Im fairly sure there was no debris inside the shaft before putting the new cartridge in, at least...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks