Search results

1. rjbphd

Stop shower curtain rod from falling forever !

The 'arc' or Cresent Suite is the best curved shower rod out there..
  2. rjbphd

Recommendations for new hot water boiler

Stay the hell away from Junkirk.. (rebranded as Dunkirk, bryant,sears,carrier,untica).. Weil McCain is my choice with built-in air scoop, pumping away will solve most air problems. Get 3 speed circ pump and invest a ODR!!
  3. rjbphd

Island vent alternate

Mechanical vent uses spring to operate while aav don't. .
  4. rjbphd

Please help to identify the Shower Valve

Have it replaced by a licensed plumber with a MOENTROL and be a hero.
  5. rjbphd

Island vent alternate

Mechanical vent is not the same as AAV...
  6. rjbphd

LONG Distance to shower. Best option?

Don't need re-circ pump on hot water return line if it's properly installed.
  7. rjbphd

New Water Treatment Recommendations

Contact Water Right manufacturer in Appleton Wisconsin, they will steer you to reputable licensed well water/plumber to have a correct sized treatment for iron, hardness and sulphur, as well raise the pH level ,all in ONE unit..
  8. rjbphd

Weil McClain cga6pidn boiler

Nothing wrong with this boiler when it's piped correctly and installed by a reputable hydronic heating company, not just any plumbing company because it's contains pipe nor hvac company because it's a heating system. I have installed many of these boilers and repiped incorrectly installed...
  9. rjbphd

Purging In-Wall SunRad Radiator

Every radiator must have access to be purged.. if others are the same as you are describing, feel inside the opening, there may be a purge tubing hanging.. also, I hope your friend go after the remodeler to covers his poor workmanship for the damage he caused.
  10. rjbphd

Purging In-Wall SunRad Radiator

After replacing the cracked radiator ( why and how it's get cracked).. install a small elbow from air vent opening and run a tubing to access area for purging purpose, any reputable hydronic heating company know this "trick". Also, with all that covering in front of radiator, defending the...
  11. rjbphd

Hot Water Heater Flame Temperature

Been awhile ,Master Mark!
  12. rjbphd

Hot Water Heater Flame Temperature

Have you tried to see how hot are the flame coming out of gas stove burners?
  13. rjbphd

Should I replace ~70-year-old boiler?

Whatever you do, hire company that have extensive experience with hydronic heating system. . Not just any hvac company because it's heating nor plumber because it's contains piping. I'm in middle of project, redoing the boiler and near piping due to butchered by forced air company, resulting...
  14. rjbphd

Hot Water Recirc. w/ dedicated return

Hot water return line is to be connected to the drain valve connection.
  15. rjbphd

Kitchen sink smell from non-disposer side

Nope, illegal in Illinois. . Disposal must have its own trap
  16. rjbphd

Towel Rail Radiator Installed Sideways

Cast iron baseboard, only up to 9 ft and installed by a true hydronic heating company.
  17. rjbphd

Adding basement zone to hydronic boiler / enclosing boiler

. Whatever you do,make sure you hire a company with HYDRONIC heating experience, not just some hvac company because it's heating nor plumbing company because the system contain pipes.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks