Search results

1. NY_Rob

Condensing boiler with micro-zones

Hi Bill.... First off... are you self installing or is a HVAC company doing the install? I live about 10 mi east of you and had a heck of a time trying to find a contractor in our area willing to to replace my old cast iron boiler with a modern mod-con. And when I found one- they wanted to...
  2. NY_Rob

COMBUSTION ANALYZER RESULTS UFT-80w

You're on propane right? .... looking good! Since you own the CA, check it in another month or two.
  3. NY_Rob

Best Value/Most Reliable boiler?

As you mentioned..... If your zone valves are directly connected to your t-stats- once they close due to t-stat hitting setpoint, post-purge just dead-heads your CH pump and no water will actually circulate. No real problem dead-heading an ECM pump (other than wasting electricity) but a regular...
  4. NY_Rob

Baseboards hot but thermostat disconnected

Sounds like your flow check valve for the problem zone isn't closing and you're getting "ghost flow". I don't know which zone is which in your photos... but the bottom photo has a flow check valve in it on the left hand side. The problem zone should have a similar looking device. Sometimes...
  5. NY_Rob

Can water flow through circulator pump when it is not running?

FWIW- many modern boiler manufacturers recommend "pumping away" from the boiler, ie the pumps should be on the right side of your diagram. Check the install manual for your particular boiler to be sure as some still pump to the boiler.
  6. NY_Rob

Can a WM EVG 110 be transported horizontally in the original packaging?

Post your question over here to get some more opinions... https://forum.heatinghelp.com/categories/the-main-wall
  7. NY_Rob

Can a WM EVG 110 be transported horizontally in the original packaging?

I would call the manufacturer and see what they have to say about it...
  8. NY_Rob

Grundfos alpha2 pump wiring

^ wow! Buy a backup at that price! Agreed, the manual is um... "lacking" to be generous. All else aside, it is an excellent pump though!
  9. NY_Rob

I read that on a forum too, don't know if it's accurate. DL the manual for the linecord Alpha2 and see if it mentions that.... https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.supplyhouse.com/product_files/Grundfos-99163903-Install-Instructions.pdf
  10. NY_Rob

At supplyhouse.com the Alpha2 with junction box is $169.95 and the Alpha2 with lineset cord is $175.95...
  11. NY_Rob

I believe the pump only meets code with the original cord/plug intact. You would probably have to use armored cable (14/2 available at HD, Lowes, etc) to meet code if you cut the plug off at which point you'd be better off going with the un-corded version from the get-go. What is the price...
  12. NY_Rob

PROPANE TANK INSTALLED, BOILER COMMISIONED

Excellent!
  13. NY_Rob

PROPANE TANK INSTALLED, BOILER COMMISIONED

How was air purging? It can be a challenge on the UFT...
  14. NY_Rob

Condenser boiler?

A new boiler will save you maybe 20% or so on your gas consumption... but you have more important issues to address first if you have $300-$400 heating bills in a "smaller" 50 deg house in Yonkers! Something isn't adding up here.....
  15. NY_Rob

Boiler setting. Wondering if someone might help?

Here's an article I found helpful back when I had a boiler w/aquastat.... https://inspectapedia.com/heat/Aquastat_Settings.php
  16. NY_Rob

UFT-80w SENSOR LOCATIONS FOR PRESSURE AND CH RTN TEMP

^ Ah, much better! Since I haven't had a failed part yet... I don't know how I would prioritize the spares list other than by what I've read over the last two plus years on other brand mod-con boilers. It seems sensors fail more than other parts... and the good news is that in many cases they...
  17. NY_Rob

You're welcome! To PM click on my name under my avatar then "start a conversation". Before you order the gaskets... I'll post my list of spare parts I keep onhand. I have a few things I need to do before it rains this morning, but when I come back I'll post the list for you. You may want to...
  18. NY_Rob

BTW... see if you can cut a deal w/the tech to have him come back in Jan or Feb with his combustion analyzer to re-check your settings. After "break in" the gas valve throttle may need re-adjusting.
  19. NY_Rob

^ Well, that's how it was designed :D Like I said... HTP support is clueless sometimes.
  20. NY_Rob

You can still commission the boiler, you can even use it with the sensor in the wrong location. You will just experience less than optimal performance with the circuit connected to the top boiler return until you correct the situation. If that's your spaceheating loop... you won't be using that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks