Search results

1. bnymbill

Looking for air exchanger suggestions

Thank you for all of the suggestions and input! Definitely a lot to consider. I have a sensor in the garage and one outside as well to track temp, humidity and dew point. Ended up with a fan that can be set for temp, humidity, or timer to experiment with the settings. Affordable enough at...
  2. bnymbill

Looking for air exchanger suggestions

I’m in southern PA and while my insulated garage is great in the winter, it traps heat and humidity in the summer. In the evenings, the outside air is often cooler and less humid. I am looking for an air exchanger (not sure if that’s even the correct term) that would pull outside air in and...
  3. bnymbill

Navien NPE-240A NG Leaking

I am wondering if I have the same problem, the exhaust was piped with a 2” street hub instead of a 2” pipe. I have water on top of the unit from time to time but the inside appears to be dry. My guess is the exhaust does not have a great seal and condensation is escaping around the street hub...
  4. bnymbill

Getting 24 gallons of hot water from 40 gallon gas water heater...

I'm not suggesting they're crazy...just that, after having lived there two years, they explained it to me as though there were a big drop in performance. Seems to me that 17.5 minutes is decent, despite having to adjust the handle 5 times during the shower, tested my 2 year old water heater and...
  5. bnymbill

Perhaps my problem was listening to the tenants...3 girls, who probably take very hot showers. I stopped by the house today and took a 17:30 shower before running out of hot water. I think that's about right for a 40 gallon water heater.
  6. bnymbill

The dial is set two notches from the max, no temperatures on the dial. I will get a temp reading tomorrow. The water steams when running only hot water at the faucet and the tenants tell me it's too hot shower when the valve is opened fully to hot. It doesn't make sense - 24 gallons of...
  7. bnymbill

This is a gas water heater, so no elements are involved. I have the Moen Adler valve and trim kit with a 2 GPM shower head. Is it possible the cartridge needs to be replaced? I could also drop to a 1.5 GPM. I am looking to add a pressure reducing valve to the system as well. One theory I...
  8. bnymbill

I got 10 years out of it - maybe it's time to bite the bullet and replace it. I'm in Baltimore and the water mains in my neighborhood were replaced last year, so I could see extra sediment accumulating.
  9. bnymbill

My tenants complained of only being able to take 7 minute showers, so I measured the output at the tub. I'm only getting 24 gallons of hot water from a 40 gallon natural gas water heater, then it's mixed with cold water and eventually all cold in another 20 gallons. It's 10 years old, model...
  10. bnymbill

White, powdery residue in burner chamber

Left a bit of the deposits in vinegar for a week and they did not dissolve. The tenants were on vacation for a week so the place has had a chance to air out a little bit. Unit was new in July 2011 and this is the first issue - I'm hoping for better/cleaner performance moving forward.
  11. bnymbill

Detector hasn't gone off yet - I guess the water heater shuts off before enough CO builds up. The detector is about 8' from the heater. I was able to blow into the burner tube and feel the air coming out of the orifice. The parts are original, so it should be the correct orifice but I'll...
  12. bnymbill

I cleaned it thoroughly and looked for leaks, didn't see any, so I reset it and let it heat a tank before I unplugged it. Flame was still high but mostly blue this time. Minor residue on flame sensor but burner chamber is very clean compared with the picture posted above. Video of flame...
  13. bnymbill

My AO Smith GPVH40 water heater has been cycling out showing error code 6, Ignition/Flame Failure. The flame sensor, burner and burner chamber are coated in a white, powdery residue. I can clean the flame sensor, after which the water heater will operate but it will cycle out again in a day or...
  14. bnymbill

CPVC vs Copper for Tub and Shower - GPM

If I understand correctly, the flow to the tub spout is not restricted to 2 GPM, only the flow to the shower head is restricted. That makes sense as to why the volume restriction is an issue with CPVC.
  15. bnymbill

CPVC vs Copper for Tub and Shower - GPM

Similar threads have been created but I haven't found the exact answer to my question. I understand that CPVC and copper have the same OD but copper has a larger ID which is why Kohler requires 1/2" copper for the tub supply from the diverter; otherwise water could be forced out of the shower...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks