Search results

1. StephK

Basement floor drain trap questions

Hi all - I'm adding a floor drain to my basement pottery studio. Got the concrete cut out to get all the new kitchen and bathroom connected into the old cast iron. Figured this was the time to do it. I had planned to use one of the Oatey bell drains so I didn't have to dig down so far to make...
  2. StephK

Bath, kitchen sink, venting question (yes, another one)!

Hi Plumber friends - I know, I know, this question has been asked so many times. But I've spent several hours studying up, and I just want confirmation that I"m OK. I renovating a current apartment bathroom from below, while someone lives there, b/c I can't wait any longer to put a ceiling up...
  3. StephK

Connecting into old cast iron hub - help!

Hello plumbing friends - It's been a few years but i'm back in search of some of your excellent plumbing advice. Renovating our old 1907 home and need to remove a bunch of junk all the way back to the vertical stack. I've attached a photo here of the problem child. You will see that the elbow...
  4. StephK

Maximum temp for suspended hydronic PEX floor heat

Hi trusted members of this forum. Your help over the years has always been much appreciated! Got a floor heat question for you now. We have installed PEX radiant heat suspended in the joists under the floor of our 1910 house. I did a ton of research before doing so and was told not to worry...
  5. StephK

Horizontal Dry Vent, what is 'horizontal'

Yes, I know this question has been covered, alot. Just wanted to verify my understanding before slapping the glue on, hopefully today. I have a toilet draining to a 90-bend with an inlet. I've got the inlet facing up and is used as a dry vent for the toilet. I need to get the vent about 12...
  6. StephK

Vent advice needed for far away tub

Hi all - first time poster here. My husband and I renno old historic homes in our spare time and i'm the plumber of the family - I consider myself a 'master DIYer'. I've done probably 10-15 baths, but I'm stumped on this one. It's probably a super easy fix, but I've thought about it too much...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks