Search results

1. vleespet

Clack WS-1 settings

It has been very long since I have been on this forum. I have had great help from Gary Slusser with installing a new watersofteni g system with a Clack control valve, all purchsed from him and installed myself. It is time after about 12 years to replace the resin. I believe the tank is 10x54. Do...
  2. vleespet

new well

I have a shallow well with a jetpump. If I want t have a new deep well drilled in the future can they drill it on the same spot or does it need to be drilled a certain footage away from the old well? I live on an island and they told me that thy need to drill a minimum of 500 ft because of salt...
  3. vleespet

clogging problem with dialysis drain

My wife is on peritoneal dialysis and the drain is in the bathroom sink.Every month I need to unclog the drain since there is a lot of build up sludge from the dialysis fluid. Is there a way to reolve this problem....for now the drain is in my toilet. Ron
  4. vleespet

water quality

My Sears watersoftener went out a while ago. I have been thinking of buildng my own softener system. I did a quality check for my water with a Culligan test kit: the free chlorine and total chlorine is 0 ppm the ph is 9 the hardness is 15 grains (250 ppm) nitrate nitrogen and...
  5. vleespet

dig shallow well

Does anyone have information how to dig your own shallow well for irrigation with water pressure? I found something on the internet a while ago but it is lost Anyone?
  6. vleespet

drill your own well???

Any suggestions about these systems? http://www.hydratek2000.com/index.html
  7. vleespet

Anybody experience with these pressure tanks??

Opinions please :-) Anybody experience with these tanks?? WellMate Advantages Corrosion-proof composite construction - From the high density polyethylene inner liner to the fiberglass-wound and epoxy resin-sealed outer shell, WellMate ( Well Mate ) WM-Series tanks contain no steel...
  8. vleespet

well/pump/blattertank???

He guys....looking for some help from the pro's I live on saint simons island,GA. I think most of the watersupplies here is citywater but i am still on a well. The house was built by my wife's grandparents in the early eighties so was the well. I have no idea how deep the well is...I don't...
  9. vleespet

different type of resin for watersofteners?

I removed all the old resin from my watersoftener and looking to buy new. Are there different kinds of resin beads to look for? My tank size is 8" wide and 40" high. How much resin do I need? Do I need to put a bed of gravel in first? Any advise is aprreciated thanks Ron
  10. vleespet

watersoftener issues

Hello all For a little while I had sand pumping from my well throught the watersoftener in the house. I put in a filter in between the pump and the tank so the sand does not go through the softener and in the house anymore. The problem afterwards was that when the softner was on, the...
  11. vleespet

sand in bathtub

I am on a private well with blattertank, a 1 hp pump and watersoftener. Lately after taking baths I find sand in my tub.not too much but it worries me. I'm worried that appliances can get damaged by sand What could be the problem? I have my watersoftener bypassed right now because it is not...
  12. vleespet

water well and watersoftener

Hello I first like to mention that I am on a private well system with a 1 hp GE pump,a Amtrol WX-203 blatter tank that is pretty old and a kenmore water softener(don't know the exact model number.House and well date back to the early 80's A few months ago I rebuild my little ole well house...
  13. vleespet

replacing bath/shower fixtures

Hello all I posted a problem in another forum. I just wanted to put a link here as well since it includes plumbing https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7698 thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks