Search results

1. Rmelo99

New water softener with turbulator

Quick question hopefully you smart folks can help confirm as I can’t find the answer online. Just got a new water softener with a Flex 5600 and turbulator. Does the small strainer basket not get installed on the control head when there is a turbulator in the tank? Thanks!
  2. Rmelo99

Well Water Treatment Help

Former city boy has moved into the country and the new house has a well/septic. We had a very good/honest well guy come out couple years ago when we bought the place. The pressure tank failed so we hade a new one put in. The sinks/toilets were all orange iron stained when we moved in. That's no...
  3. Rmelo99

Help with Riello Burner on Buderus (Short Cycling)

Hi all, Hoping you can help me out. I purchased a house with a Buderus Logano G215 paired with a Riello 40 F5 burner that provides DHW and 3 zones of heating via circulators feeding hydro air units. We had it serviced in Feb '19 by the HVAC company that replaced our Hydro Air handlers and...
  4. Rmelo99

Help identifying valve manufacturer

Hi everyone. I could use help identifying the manufacturer of this shower/tub valve with the divertor on the main valve. It also has stops on the valve. I believe it is leaking from the diverter. Did some internet searching and it looks like it may be Danze. It is from 2006/2007 timeframe...
  5. Rmelo99

Help with tub supply/drain rough

Hi all, It’s been a while since I’ve been on here. I’m back for some help from the great people who contribute on this forum. We’re looking at this house that was new construction build that some of the final fixtures and finishes were never done. In the master the plumbing for the tub is...
  6. Rmelo99

Copper Flare nut on Main Supply line

Hey Everyone, My latest realestate purchase was stripped of copper, which is pretty common for REOs. We're on city water and in Connecticut. Usually the main lines come into the basement around 4-5ft below grade. This last house the main comes in right near the basement floor and consists of...
  7. Rmelo99

Double Sanitee Vs Double Wye

My sewer line exits through the sidewall of my basement about 3ft below grade and about 3ft above basement floor. I need to tie in two 4" drains from the floors above, one coming from left and one from right. (and leave a cleanout also). It appears that either of these double DWV fittings...
  8. Rmelo99

Boiler Sizing and Heat Load/Loss

I was reading some other posts and wanted to see how "over" sized my boiler is and what my real heat loss is. I am familiar with Manual J, but have never fully completed one for my house. I kept seeing mention of using historical Degree Day Data and Past Fuel Usage in other posts. I gathered...
  9. Rmelo99

Loose Tank Bolts, big mess

So apparently our 3rd floor bathroom toilet had a loose tank to bowl bolt/screw. It's been in service for 4 years w/o issue. I come home from work to discover water dripping above the 2nd floor stairs from the ceiling. When I got to the third floor bathroom the entire Hardwood floor was...
  10. Rmelo99

Running Pipe over Unheated Garage

I need to run some piping for living space above the garage. the space below is a 3 car unheated garage. The space above will be heated. I'm wondering where is the best place to run water supply lines that need to run from one end to the other about 54feet to minimize freeze potential. The...
  11. Rmelo99

PVC Pipe Drain Clearance to Furnace/Boiler Flue Pipe

What clearance is required between a metal furnace vent into the chimney stack and the PVC Drain line? I need to run a 4" horizontal drain just below where the chimney tie in and not sure how close is allowed. Normally I would keep it as far away as possible, but due to slope and height I...
  12. Rmelo99

Trench for Sewer Line

I'm have the sewer line being replaced on Tuesday. The line is about 9 ft-10ft down. I've rented a sod cutter in an attempt at not losing large parts of the front lawn. I think the guy said the trench has to be about 4ft wide since he has to use a trench box bc of the depth. My question is...
  13. Rmelo99

Main line backed up again!

So just found the what appears to be a backup in the main line. I had the same problem a few months ago and they were able to snake it out. Thankfully I found out before the basement became my own sewage holding plant. The shower in the basement (lowest opening) is full of fluids, and that's...
  14. Rmelo99

Airless Water Valve, Paying too much for water?

[ATTACH]12562[/ATTACH] www.airlessvalve.com Is this too good to be true? Just saw the commercial on TV I have several rental units and water bills are always a sore subject. Anyone have any experience with this or any experience that can support these "claims". Paying for air...would...
  15. Rmelo99

Symmons Temptrol WasherMaintenance Help

I have a Symmons Temptrol in one of my apartments that is dripping. I was over there caulking the tub when I noticed it. I removed the trim to see what I was in for. I got as far as removing the t-34 screw and then attempted to turn part t-11 with no luck. I gave up and came home to look at the...
  16. Rmelo99

Toilet flushing woes

So I rent my old Single Family house out now. Currently to 3 college students(females) The first floor half bathroom toilet is acting up. Slow to flush water down the bowl. I plunged and not much luck water goes down just slow. This bathroom has it's own 4" line that joins with the other...
  17. Rmelo99

Tip on Wrangling Black Poly Coil

Trench is dug for my line to the garage. I went to the plumbing supply house and picked up some 1"x100' coil of Black Poly (well pipe) as the guy at the counter called it. So I'm in the 4foot trench trying to figure out how to get this into a straight line and lay flat so that it stays at the...
  18. Rmelo99

Sleeving Pipe to Garage

I'm getting ready to have utilities, new natural gas, new water line, and new electric run to my garage 100ft away. I'm having someone dig the 2 trenches. The city says I can put water supply and nat gas in the same trench and electric in it's own. The water trench will be 4' for water...
  19. Rmelo99

Main line backed up...need help now.

Just got back from a business trip and found water in the basement. I went to go pump it out and realized my main line is backed up. I have water coming out of the basement toilet. I have insurance through "safety valve" provided through my water company. I called them and they said I can get...
  20. Rmelo99

Getting Utilities to Garage

Hello all I am restoring/refurbing my detached garage. It is about 100' or so from my house. There is a workshop and loft out there from way back in the day. There is a full bathroom and gas boiler out there for heating. Other than electric the utilties have been disconnected (not by me) I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks