Search results

1. RustyNails

New water heater gas leak AND other leaks; are they related?

Thanks, and I get what you mean about the many little leaks. It sounded to me like the leak in the line to the fireplace was minor, but once the gas man detected it, he had to flag it and shut it down. And I wouldn't be comfortable not having it checked out now that he flagged it if I planned to...
  2. RustyNails

Thanks, I may just call the gas company back and just see if they can ask that tech they sent out to explain it more fully -- I can't read all of his handwritting in the comments on the form he left, but it does show an id number for that tech. Have him explain exactly the problem he found, and...
  3. RustyNails

Urgh, called three fireplace companies, all got uncomfortable when I told them the gas company had shut off the line to the fireplace and said they didn't do anything with gas lines. When I told them the gas man said it was probably something with the control valve in the fireplace, they said...
  4. RustyNails

Great, thanks so much for your help! It's really hard to determine whether or not a company may have made a mistake that caused other problems when you know nothing about the installation of those appliances, so thank you!
  5. RustyNails

Thanks for the reply. The gas line from the fireplace is down with the other gas appliances, I'm not sure where it comes out but I would imagine it's near the rest? The fireplace is in the vicinity of being generally above and off to the side of the other gas items downstairs. The furnace and...
  6. RustyNails

Short version: I had a new gas water heater installed last week, which resulted in a big gas leak from the water heater and in checking that out the gas company also found leaks from the furnace and our gas fireplace. The furnace had had an annual inspection/maintenance recently, and a tech who...
  7. RustyNails

Delta shower valve, No hot water in shower turned into problem with Delta valve?

Just got off the phone, Delta is sending me the cartridge for the shower and some seats and springs for a leaky sink. Thanks for the tip, I never would've realized they had such a good warranty policy!
  8. RustyNails

Delta shower valve, No hot water in shower turned into problem with Delta valve?

1. Do you mean they send it free? Otherwise I could just buy it from a store. 2. These faucets came with the house, 3. I don't have receipts or even know how old they are. 4. Will Delta still send me the parts?
  9. RustyNails

My experience is you can't get a plumber around here to do anything for less than $150. Either they have a call-out fee of at least $75 and make sure the time it takes to do the work costs enough to get you to at least $150 or more, or they come out for free but if they do any work it's crazy...
  10. RustyNails

Thanks. That's sounding like it may be more complex than I'm up for, may have to call the plumber after all.
  11. RustyNails

In trying to fix the hot water on my shower, I think I messed everything up. Hopefully someone can give me a tip that saves me from calling a plumber. A couple days ago I suddenly couldn't get hot water in the shower. I googled it and it sounded like I needed to adjust the limit stop inside the...
  12. RustyNails

Water coming under base of toilet, sewer gas smell laundry room?

Hi all, I posted before with my tricky leak problem and unfortunately there was not resolution. BUT I have a little new info, so thought that might help. Water is leaking out under the base of the toilet in the master bath, not every time you use it, it just seems every few days. There is...
  13. RustyNails

Mystery leak in my loo

Below is a photo of the tank. All 3 plumbers and the townhome maintenance guy looked in here. That doesn't mean they couldn't have missed something (anything is possible).
  14. RustyNails

Mystery leak in my loo

The base wasn't caulked, but when the plumber removed the toilet to change the wax ring, I cleaned under there on the floor. If the bottom of the loo itself needed a clean, I think the plumber would've done it. Not saying this isn't the problem, but I think he would've took care of that as he...
  15. RustyNails

Mystery leak in my loo

I will look into this, thanks.
  16. RustyNails

Mystery leak in my loo

When the plumber changed the wax ring, wouldn't he have seen it if there was a crack? Is there someway to check for the crack to be sure that's the problem before I shell out for replacing the toilet?
  17. RustyNails

Mystery leak in my loo

I know the plumber did something regarding the bolts, too, so I don't think that's it. I'm wondering if it could be the vent stack? We have stopped using that toilet for about 5 days, and no leaks since. I wanted to go a week or two to make sure there are no leaks when not in use (the plumber...
  18. RustyNails

Mystery leak in my loo

A plumber changed the "tank to bowl kit" to make sure it wasn't leaking out of the bottom of the tank; is that the same thing you're talking about?
  19. RustyNails

Mystery leak in my loo

It's definitely not condensation. There have been times when it was a flood of water back there, to times when it was less but still enough to make a paper towel be sopping wet as though run under a faucet. It's less now, but definitely not condensation.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks